Staff Selection Commission conducts the Exam for Scientific Assistant in the Indian Meteorological Department in the month of December 2022. Candidates with a bachelor's degree in Science (Physics, Computer Science, IT) or Diploma in Engineering (Electronics and Telecommunication) are eligible for this post. SSC has released the official SSC Scientific Assistant IMD Notification 2022 on its official website on 30th September 2022. Application process ends on 18th October 2022. The exam is scheduled to be conducted in December 2022.
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD Vacancy 2022 - Schedule of exam
|Notification Release||30th September 2022|
|Application Begin||30th September 2022|
|Application Ends||18th October 2022|
|Last Date of Payment of fees online||20 October 2022 (11 pm)|
|Last Date of Payment of fees offline||Working hours of SBI up to 20 October 2022 provided the challan has been generated by them before 19 October 2022 (11 pm).|
|Date of ‘Window for Application Form Correction' including online payment||25 October 2022 (11 pm)|
|Admit Card||To be Notified Soon|
|Exam Date||December 2022 (Tentative)|
|Result||To be Notified Soon|
SSC Scientific Assistant Vacancy 2022 - Complete details
The tentative vacancy has been announced in the notification. The category-wise classification will be announced in due time.
Total Vacancies: About 990
- The number of vacancies is tentative and subject to variation.
- Reservation for Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) and Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) candidates is available as per extant Government Orders.
- The posts carry in SSC Scientific Assistant exam, carry All India Service Liability (AISL) i.e. the candidate, on selection, may be asked to serve anywhere in the country.
SSC Scientific Assistant Exam Pattern
SSC Scientific Assistant Exam Pattern for Paper I and II are :
SSC Scientific Assistant Paper I
|Subjects for Part I||No. of Questions|
|English Language & Comprehension||25|
SSC Scientific Assistant Paper II
|Subjects for Part II||No. of Questions|
|Physics, Computer Science & IT, Electronics, and Telecommunications||100|
- Part I & Part II consist of a total of 200 Questions.
- The Total Time allocated for both parts of the Exam is 2 hours.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- There is a negative marking also, 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
SSC Scientific Assistant Salary
Pay Scale for Scientific Assistant posts under SSC IMD Recruitment 2022 is given below.
|Earlier Pay Band||Rs.9,300- Rs.34,800|
|Revised Pay Band||Rs.35,400|
Travel Allowance, House Rent Allowance,