RBI Grade B DEPR Application Date Extension Notice Out on 6th June 2023! The candidates can apply till 16th June 2023 instead of 9th June 2023. RBI Grade B DEPR Notification was out on 9th May 2023! The short notice had been released on 26th April 2023. DEPR stands for Department of Economic and Policy Research. RBI recruits Grade B officers for this department every year. The Grade B DEPR vacancies are released together with the recruitment notification of Grade B General and Grade B DSIM. The RBI Grade B 2023 Notification was out on 9th May 2023. Check out the important points below and do not forget to download the notification.
- A total of 38 vacancies have been released this year.
- Phase 1 exam is scheduled on 16th July 2023 and Phase 2 is scheduled on 2nd September 2023.
Download RBI Grade B Notification 2023 (Detailed)
Download RBI Grade B 2023 Short Notification
RBI Grade B DEPR 2023 Latest Updates
6th June 2023: RBI Grade B DEPR Application Date Extension Notice Out!
The candidates who haven't applied for RBI Grade B DEPR Exam yet must make a note that the application date has been extended. Now, the candidates can apply till 16th June 2023 instead of 9th June 2023. Check out the official notice attached below.
Download RBI Grade B Application Date Extension Notice
|Commencement of online registration of application||9th May 2023|
|Closure of registration of application||16th June 2023 (6:00 PM)|
|Closure for editing application details||16th June 2023 (6:00 PM)|
|Last date for printing your application||9th July 2023|
|Online Fee Payment||9th May to 16th June 2023|
|Phase 1 Exam Date||16th July 2023|
|Phase 2 Exam Date||2nd September 2023|
RBI Grade B DEPR Vacancies 2023
For the year 2023, the bifurcation of vacancies will be released along with a detailed notification. Check out the below-mentioned table to know the RBI Grade B DEPR Vacancies for the year 2023.
|Post||Unreserved (GEN/UR)||Scheduled Castes (SC) ||Scheduled Tribes (ST)||Other Backward Classes (OBC) ||EWSs ||Total|
|RBI Grade B DEPR Vacancies||14||4||6(4)||11||3||38|
Direct Link to Apply for RBI Grade B 2023
To Know the detailed Apply Online Process, Check Out RBI Grade B Apply Online 2023
RBI Grade B DEPR Eligibility Criteria 2023
The aspirants must note that all the details mentioned below are as expected.
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on May 01, 2023. He/she must have been born not earlier than May 02, 1993, and not later than May 01, 2002.
a. A Master's Degree in Economics (or any other master's degree where "Economics" is the principal constituent* of the curriculum/syllabus, namely MA/MSc in Quantitative Economics, Mathematical Economics, Financial Economics, Business Economics, Agricultural Economics, Industrial Economics)
b. A Master's Degree in Finance (or any other master's degree where "Finance" is the principal constituent* of the curriculum/syllabus, namely MA/MSc in Quantitative Finance, Mathematical Finance, Quantitative Techniques, International Finance, Business Finance, Banking and Trade Finance, International and Trade Finance, Project and Infrastructure Finance, Agri Business Finance)
c. PGDM / MBA with specialization# in Economics / Finance.
You should have a minimum of 55% marks (UG & EWS) and a minimum of 50% in the case of SC, ST and PwBD candidates.
Do not forget to check out Mind Map Compilation of March 2023 & Top MCQs Compilation of March 2023
|Equivalent CGPA/OGPA/CPI or similar terminologies allotted on a 10-point scale ||Aggregate Percentage of Marks |
|5.75 ||50% |
Desirable Educational Qualification: A Doctorate Degree in Economics, or research or teaching experience in economics, or publication in the field/area of Economics in standard journals.
(i) Candidates having M.PhiI Degree and Doctorate Degree from a recognized Indian/Foreign University/Institute in economics will be eligible for relaxation in the upper age limit by 2 years and 4 years respectively.
(ii) Candidates having a Master's Degree with research/teaching experience at a recognized Indian / Foreign University / Institute in economics will be eligible for relaxation in the upper age limit to the extent of the number of years of such experience subject to a maximum of three years. For experience, the probationary period will not be reckoned.
Number of Attempts
Candidates belonging to General Category/EWSs, who have already appeared 6 times for Phase 1 examination for this post/s in the past, are not eligible to apply. No such restriction applies to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PwBD if the posts are reserved for them.
Download List of Changes in RBI Grade B Notification 2023 PDF
RBI Grade B DEPR Application Fees 2023
Without the payment of the application fee, RBI won't accept any application form so make sure that you pay the applicable fee. Also, note that the below-mentioned figures may change for 2023.
|Category ||Charges ||Amount |
|SC/ST/?PwBD ||Intimation Charges only ||Rs 100+ 18% GST|
|GEN?OBC/EWSs ||Application fees including intimation charges ||Rs 850+ 18% GST|
|STAFF||Nil ||Nil |
Download the Free Ebook on Top 6 Govt. Schemes from the Ministry of Finance
RBI Grade B DEPR Exam Pattern 2023
Selection for the DEPR posts is done through online examinations in Phase 1, Phase 2, and interviews.
|Phase||Name of Paper||Duration||Maximum Marks|
Phase - I
|Paper - I Objective Type (on Economics)||120 minutes||100|
Paper - II English - Descriptive
(To be typed with help of keyboard)
Phase - II
Paper - I Descriptive Type (on Economics)
(Question paper displayed on computer, answers a to be written on paper)
|Paper - II Descriptive Type (on Economics) (Question paper displayed on computer, answers to be written on paper)||120 minutes||100|
| ||Total|| ||400|
RBI Grade B 2022 DEPR Interview
The final selection will be on the basis of performance in the 'WE' (Paper I, II, and III) and interviews taken together. The interview will be 75 marks. Candidate may opt for an interview either in Hindi or English.
Download the Free Ebook on 100 Idioms & Phrases for RBI Grade B Exam
RBI Grade B DEPR Syllabus
Phase - I- Paper I Objective Type (on Economics)
(1) Microeconomics (Theories of consumer's demand; Production; Market Structures and Pricing; Distribution; and Welfare Economics)
(2) Macro Economics (Theories of Employment, Output and Inflation; Monetary Economics; ISLM Model; Schools of Economic Thought)
(3) International Economics (Theories of International Trade; Balance of Payments; Exchange Rate Models)
(4) Theories of Economic Growth and Development (Classical neo-classical approaches to economic growth and major theories of economic development)
(5) Public Finance (Theories of taxation and public expenditure and Public Debt Management)
(6) Environmental Economics (Green GDP, Environmental Valuation, Environmental policy instruments)
(7) Quantitative Methods in Economics (Mathematical and Statistical Methods for Economics, Ordinary Least Square Regression)
(8) Current developments in the Indian Economy (Growth, inflation, poverty, unemployment, financial sector developments, external sector developments, fiscal developments, agriculture, industry, infrastructure, and services)
Phase - I - Paper-II Descriptive Type (on English)
The paper on English shall be framed in a manner to assess the writing skills including expression and understanding of the topic.
Phase - II - Paper - I Descriptive Type (on Economics)
(Question paper displayed on computer, answers to be written on paper)
• Consumer Theory: Cardinal and Marginal Utility Analysis, Consumer Surplus, Indifference Curve Analysis, Price, Income and Substitution Effects, Game Theory • Production Theory: Forms of Production function; Laws of Returns to Scale; Partial Equilibrium Vs General Equilibrium Analysis • Market Theory: Pricing under different market structures .• Distribution Theories: Ricardo, Marx, Kalecki and Kaldor • Welfare Economics: Pareto Optimality, Schools of Welfare Thought including Arrow, Coase and Sen
• National Income Accounting: Various methods for measurement of National Income • Theory of employment and Output: Classical and Neo-classical approaches, Keynesian theory of Employment and output, Post-Keynesian developments, Business Cycles • Inflation: Types of Inflation, Philip's curve, Taylor's Rule, Lucas Critique • Money and Banking: Quantity theory of Money, Neutrality of money, IS - LM Model and AD-AS Models, Money Multiplier, Monetary Policy – Scope, Objectives and instruments, Inflation targeting • Theories of Economic Growth and Development: Theories of growth, Classical and neoclassical approaches, Theories of Economic Development • International trade and Balance of payments: Theories of international trade, Determination of exchange rates, Impossible Trinity • Public Finance: Theories of taxation, Theories of public expenditure, Theories of public debt management
(Equal weightage will be given to Microeconomic and Macroeconomic modules)
Phase - II - Paper-II Descriptive Type (on Economics) (Question paper displayed on computer, answers to be written on paper)
Module on Quantitative Methods in Economics
• Mathematical Methods in Economics: Differentiation and Integration, Optimisation, Sets, Matrices, Linear algebra and Linear programming • Statistical Methods in Economics: Measures of central tendency and dispersions, Probability, Time series, Index numbers. • Econometrics and advanced Applications: Regression analysis, Panel data econometrics, Time Series econometrics, Basics of Bayesian Econometrics, Basic application of Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning Module on Indian Economy – Policy and Trends
• Fiscal policy in India: Evolution, scope and limitations, current trends • Monetary Policy in India: Evolution, Functions of the Reserve Bank of India, MonetaryFiscal coordination, Inflation targeting, Operating framework of Monetary Policy, Current trends • Banking and financial sector development in India: Banks and other constituents of Indian financial markets and related developments, Current trends • Inflation in India: Trends and drivers • External sector developments in India: Exchange rate management, external debt, Balance of payments, Current trends, Sectoral and other developments in India: Agriculture, industry, services and social sector-related developments
(Equal weightage will be given to Quantitative Economics and Indian Economy-related modules)
RBI Grade B DEPR Salary 2023
Selected Candidates will draw a starting basic pay of ₹ 55,200/- per month in the pay scale of Rs. 55200-2850(9)-80850-EB-2850 (2) - 86550-3300(4)-99750 (16 years) applicable to Officers in Grade B and they will also be eligible for Dearness Allowance, Local Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Family allowance, and Grade Allowance as per rules in force from time to time. At present, the initial monthly gross emoluments are 1,08,404/- (approximately). The house allowance of 15% of basic pay will be paid if accommodation is not provided by the Bank.
RBI Grade B DEPR Job Profile
The job requirements primarily include undertaking economic analysis and research and contributing to policy formulation, apart from the compilation of data relating to select sectors.
Also, check the below-given links:
Get Daily FREE Material for RBI Grade B, NABARD Grade A, SEBI Grade A, IFSCA Grade A, and SIDBI Grade A- Join Oliveboard's Regulatory Exam Telegram Channel
Download FREE Ebooks on Government Schemes for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA
FREE Ebook on Top 10 Govt Schemes from Ministry of Agriculture: Part 1 - Download
FREE Ebook on Top 10 Govt Schemes from Ministry of Agriculture: Part 2 - Download
Download Top 5 Government Schemes From the Ministry of Education
Download the Free Ebook on Top 6 Govt. Schemes from the Ministry of Finance
Ebook on Top 5 Initiatives of NITI Aayog - Download FREE
FREE Ebooks on General Awareness, ESI, FM & Miscellaneous Topics for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA - Download
The syllabus of all the regulatory exams is somewhat similar, so practicing and learning from other exam-specific ebooks are also beneficial in the preparation. Here, we have compiled all the latest ebooks that will help you ace the exam.
Top 50 Banking & Finance CA for all Regulatory Exams (March-April 2023)
RBI Bolt March 2023 Summary FREE Ebook
Top 100 PIB Current Affairs MCQs for RBI Grade B 2023: Part 1 - Download FREE
Top 100 PIB Current Affairs MCQs for RBI Grade B 2023: Part 2 - Download FREE
FREE Ebook on Introduction to Management
FREE Ebook on Indian Agriculture
Insurance Sector in India FREE Ebook
International Economic Institutions FREE Ebook
Top 50 Appointment News for all Regulatory Exams (March-April 2023)
Download FREE Ebooks on QRE (Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, English) for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA
The candidates must make a note that we have drafted the content for RBI Grade B 2023 Exam like Top 25 Syllogism Questions for RBI Grade B, Top 25 Number Series Questions for RBI Grade B but practicing them for other regulatory exams will benefit your preparation level, so download all the ebooks for FREE and enhance your preparation.
Ebooks on Quantitative Aptitude
Download Free Ebook on Top 50 Quants Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
Top 25 Number Series Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 - Download FREE
Most Repetitive Quants Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 - Download FREE Ebook
Ebooks on Reasoning
Download Free Ebook on Top 50 Reasoning Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
Most Repetitive Reasoning Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 - Download FREE Ebook
Top 25 Puzzle Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
Top 25 Syllogism Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
Ebooks on the English Language
Download Free Ebook on Top 50 English Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
Most Repetitive English Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 - Download FREE Ebook
FREE Ebook on Top 25 Subject Verb Agreement Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download
Ebook on Top 20 Para Jumble Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
Top 100 Idioms & Phrases for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE Ebook
Top 135 One Word Substitutions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE Ebook
16th July 2023 (Phase 1), 2nd September 2023 (Phase 2)