IIBF Diploma in Banking and Finance: In view of the huge current as well as potential demand for the professionally qualified
manpower for the banking and finance sector, and to ensure a steady stream of industry ready professionals at the entry-level, IIBF has designed this course as professional qualification who aspire for a career in banking and finance.
What is this IIBF Diploma in Banking and Finance Course About?
The course will give knowledge inputs to the candidates and expose them to the operational processes and modern banking environment so that they can man the counters at the bank from the first day of their joining the bank. It is expected that successful candidates of Diploma in Banking & Finance would have a competitive edge and will be absorbed by banks and financial institutions and Diploma in Banking & Finance would emerge as a preferred professional qualification with graduation for employment in banking and finance industry. Indian Banks Association (IBA) has approved the Diploma in Banking and Finance exam conducted by IIBF as a desirable qualification along with other prescribed entry level qualification for recruitment in banks.
Why you should consider doing IIBF Diploma in Banking and Finance?
- Diploma in Banking & Finance will impart banking and finance knowledge and skills together with technology-familiarity and customer-orientation
- Candidates undertaking the course will have comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge in the subject of banking and finance
- The course will make the candidates job ready.
- The course is cost effective and at the same time high in quality.
- The diploma carries professional recognition among the banking and finance community as it is equivalent to banking industry recognized JAIIB qualification of IIBF
- The certification is backed by a system of high professional standards of the Institute.
IIBF Diploma in Banking and Finance Exam 2022- Overview
|Institution||Indian Institute of Banking & Finance (IIBF)|
|Exam Name||Diploma in Banking and Finance 2022|
|Eligibility||Non-Members of the Institute|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Online Registration Fee||First Attempt - 3,500|
Second Attempt - 1300
Third Attempt - 1300
Fourth Attempt - 1300
**GST is also applicable
|Exam Conducted||Twice in a year|
|Subjects||Principles & Practices of Banking, Accounting & Finance for Bankers, Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking|
|Qualifying Marks||50 out of 100|
IIBF Diploma in Banking and Finance 2022 Notification
The Indian Institute of Banking and Finance has released the official notification inviting applications from eligible candidates for Diploma in Banking and Finance Exam 2022 on its official website. IBF has also released the dates for the November cycle. The online registration window is open from 1st September 2022. Check the important dates below.
Diploma in Banking and Finance Registration Date
For the Diploma in Banking and Finance Exam November cycle, the registration process have already started from 1st September 2022. The exams are usually scheduled in May and November of every year. The important registration date for both the term of the exam is as follows:
|Diploma in Banking and Finance 2022 Online Registration Begins||1st September 2022|
|Diploma in Banking and Finance Admit Card 2022 Release Date||November 2022|
|Exam Date||12th, 13th and 20th November 2022|
|Principles & Practices of Banking||12 November 2022|
|Accounting & Finance for Bankers||13 November 2022|
|Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking||20 November 2022|
Diploma in Banking and Finance Eligibility Criteria
The non-members are eligible to apply for the Diploma in Banking and Finance exam. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Non-Members of Institute.
- Candidates must have passed the 12th standard examination in any discipline or its equivalent or Candidate who have completed BC/BF examination conducted by IIBF (Members of the Institute are not eligible for DB&F examination since they are eligible to appear for JAIIB examination. In case if any Member of the Institute appears for DB&F examination, their result/ certificate will be liable for cancellation)
Passing criteria for Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Minimum marks for pass in the subject is 50 out of 100.
- Candidates securing at least 45 marks in each subject with an aggregate of 50% marks in all subjects of examination in a single attempt will also be declared as having completed the Examination.
- Candidates will be allowed to retain credits for the subject they have passed in an attempt till the expiry of the time limit for passing the examination.
Time Limit for passing the exam
- Candidates will be required to pass the examination within a time limit of 2 years (i.e. 4 consecutive attempts).
- Candidates not able to pass examination within stipulated time period of two years are required to re-enroll themselves afresh. Such candidates will not be granted credit/s for subject/s passed, if any, earlier.
- Time limit of 2 years will start from the date of application for first attempt. Attempts will be counted irrespective of whether a candidate appears for any examination or otherwise.
Examination Fees for IIBF Diploma in Banking and Finance
Eligible candidates are given 4 attempts to clear the exam. The application fees are valid until 2 years. The application process is not complete until the Diploma in Banking and Finance application fee is paid. Candidates must pay the Diploma in Banking and Finance application fee by the deadline set by the IIBF. You will be charged an extra fee if you pay the fee after the deadline. Check out the Diploma in Banking and Finance application fee breakdown below. The GST is also applicable to the Diploma in Banking and Finance exam 2022 registration.
|Normal Application Fee||Rs.3500|
|Application Fee after first Due Date||Rs.3500 + Rs.100|
|Application Fee after second Due Date||Rs.3500 + Rs.200|
Note: The candidates also need to pay GST applicable on the exam application fees. GST is exclusive of application fees. Candidates are required to Register for every attempt separately.
The registration for the exam varies with the number of attempts. The fees are as follows:
|Number of Attempts||Registration Fees|
Note: The candidates also need to pay GST applicable on the exam application/registration fees. GST is exclusive of application fees.
- The institute charges a regular fee from the candidates who register during the first week of registration for the exam. With every week's delay, the institute charges an extra amount from the candidates.
- For the candidates registering in the second or third week, the fees include an extra Rs. 100, and for those in the fourth week, it is an extra Rs.200. If registration is delayed beyond the fourth week, the extra amount charged is Rs.200 for the extended days.
IIBF Diploma in Banking and Finance - Mode of Exam
The IIBF Diploma in Banking and Finance exams are conducted twice a year, in May and November. The candidates are required to sit for three exams which are held three consecutive Sundays of those months. The exams are conducted in offline mode.
Note : IIBF Diploma in Banking and Finance exam will be conducted in English Only.
IIBF Diploma in Banking and Finance Exam Pattern
- Question Paper will contain approximately 120 objective type multiple choice questions for 100 marks including questions based on case studies/ case lets. The Institute may however vary the number of questions to be asked for a subject
- The examination will be held in Online Mode only.
- There will NOT be negative marking for wrong answers.
- To qualify for the exam, the candidate is required to secure a 50% in all three subjects or a minimum of 45 marks in each subject with an aggregate 50% in all three papers in a single attempt.
Time Limit for Completion of Diploma in Banking and Finance exam
The candidate is not given more than 4 consecutive attempts to clear the exam. Therefore, a candidate should qualify for the exam within 2 years of registration. Candidates who fail to clear the exam in the given number of attempts need to register for the exam again, and the benefit of the previously cleared paper is waived off.
Diploma in Banking and Finance Exam Syllabus
The candidates are tested for three subjects in the exams. These are
- Principles and Practices of Banking
- Accounting and Finance for Bankers
- Legal and Regulatory Aspect of Banking
Candidates taking the Diploma in Banking and Finance exam 2022 must study extensively because the IIBF has set a large syllabus for the exam. The institute has developed its own courseware for Diploma in Banking and Finance exam candidates.
The broad details on each subject are as follows.
Diploma in Banking and Finance Admit Card 2022
Candidates receive their Diploma in Banking and Finance Admit Card from the Indian Institute of Banking & Finance when registering for the exam. Candidates receive a real-time admit card after completing the registration process. The admission card is emailed to the registered email address, and candidates can download it. Candidates must bring a printed copy of their admission letter, as well as their membership identity card or any other valid picture ID card, in person. At the examination centre, candidates can produce identity cards such as Aadhaar card/e-Aadhaar, Employee ID card, PAN Card, Driving License, Voter ID Card, Passport, etc.
Diploma in Banking and Finance Result
On the official website of the IIBF, the Diploma in Banking and Finance exam result are announced. To pass the Diploma in Banking and Finance exam, candidates must get a minimum cut-off score. As previously stated, the JAIIB test consists of three papers of 100 marks each. Each subject or paper requires a minimum score of 50 out of 100 to pass. The outcome of the Diploma in Banking and Finance test is announced by the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance based on applicants' overall marks in all three papers.
To check the result of the exam, candidates are required to follow the following steps:
Step 1: Visit the IIBF website.
Step 2: Log in using your credentials, like the roll number or registration.
Step 3: Check the result.
You can also join the course for Diploma in Banking and Finance
Join the course now
12, 13 and 20 November 2022