BANK PROMOTION 2022 EXAM NOTIFICATION
The notifications for the Bank Promotion exams of different banks come out on different dates depending on the bank releasing them. Usually, the bank promotion notifications are notified by the Human Resource Department from where the employees can check out their upcoming Bank Promotion exams & registration dates.
What are Bank Promotion Exams?
Bank Promotion exams happen internally in every bank. These exams are held to give employees at lower levels a chance to be promoted to a higher post. It is beneficial for any and every bank employee to give the bank promotion exam of their respective banks. This is a great path to advance your career further.
Why Bank Promotion Exam?
Those currently working in the banking sector may be having positions higher than them they wish to rise to. Bank Promotion exams are the usual route for this. Every bank has its own exams to promote people from their current position to a higher one. This is why it's necessary to keep aware of the exams for internal promotion so you can grab your chance when it comes.
How are Bank Exams Conducted?
Banks internally release notifications for the registration process of exams for promotion. Candidates have to follow the mentioned eligibility criteria and apply only then. Candidates who have passed JAIIB get a 1-year priority and those who have passed both JAIIB and CAIIB get 2-year priority.
ELIGIBILITY for BANK PROMOTIONS 2022
|Bank Clerk to Officer|
Clerical to Officer Scale -1: 2-3 years of experience
Cleared JAIIB and CAIIB:1 year of seniority for passing the JAIIB, 1-year seniority for passing CAIIB (total 2 years)
RRBs – Regional Rural Banks this eligibility criterion is more i.e. from 4-6 years.
SYLLABUS OF BANK PROMOTION EXAMS 2022
Almost all banks' syllabus is one & same to some extent (if we leave the content that relates to the particular bank whose exam syllabus we refer to). The syllabus for Bank Promotion Exams at glance covers the following topics:
- Banking Related laws include:
- RBI guidelines/regulations in regard to governing banking, loans and advances etc
- Types of business organization:
- Banking Laws and Practices
- Bank-specific schemes and products such as:
- MSME Loan Products
- Retail Loan Schemes
- Agriculture Loan Schemes
- Deposit Products Etc.
- Foreign Exchange, BCSBI, Banking Ombudsman Scheme, RTI Act, 2005, Consumer Protection Act, FEMA, PMLA, and other guidelines governing advances and restrictions thereon.
- Type of accounts, type of debit/credit cards, internet banking, mobile banking, delegated powers for sanction, etc.
- BASEL III, Risk Management, Payment Banks, Small Finance Banks, GST, Money Market Instruments, etc.
- Digital Banking, Money Transfer Service Scheme (MTSS), MICR (Magnetic ink character recognition) / IFSC- Indian Financial System Code / CTS, latest monetary policy, Exposure Norms.
- Bank Specific topics such as Customer compensation policy, Deposit Products, Retail Schemes, Agriculture & MSME schemes, loaning powers, IT/ digital banking products.
BENEFITS OF WRITING YOUR BANK'S PROMOTION EXAMS 2022
As long as you were working as a Clerk, you can enjoy working in your home state. Once you get promoted as an Officer, chances are that you'll get posted far away from your hometown. This can be really taxing and cost a lot with shifting, travel, transport, etc.
However, these are the only few cons this has. The pros of writing your bank's promotion exams are numerous. Here are a number of positives you gain from writing your corresponding bank's promotion exam:
- Prestige: With the rise in your position, you will enjoy higher respect & admiration. And promotion through the merit/fast track makes it more meaningful. After all you will get the promotion based on the knowledge (merit) that you gained during the preparation of these exams.
- Increment in Salary: Promotion is one way to get a hike in your salary. The increased pay can help you in getting the things you were postponing because your previous pay wasn't enough. You can even save some for future or emergency use.
- Allowances: An upward shift to the position of Officer gets you different allowances like Dearness Allowances (DA), House Rent Allowances (HRA), Medical Aid, City Compensatory Allowance (CCA), and many more other benefits.
- Perquisites: These are an extra benefit apart from the regular salary you are going to get. It might include newspaper allowance, medical allowances, and travel allowances i.e for conveyance, house and furniture allowance to maintain the house maintenance and laundry.
11th December 2022