About JKSSB Junior Assistant Exam
J&K Services Selection Board (JKSSB) is a service recruiting board constituted by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir that conducts examinations for various departmental services or non gazetted posts in the union territory of Jammu and Kashmir. JKSSB has advertised junior assistant posts for various Departments under provisions of the Jammu & Kashmir Civil Services.
JKSSB Junior Assistant - Notification
JKSSB has released 2 notifications for Junior Assistant posts in various departments is released. Advt no.1 of 2022 and Advt no.2 of 2022. As per the Advt no.1 notification, 89 vacancies for Junior Assistant posts in the DMRRR Department, and Advt no. 2 of 2022 has 124 vacancies for JKSSB Junior Assistant in Rural Development & Panchayati Raj Department. We will look at the details on this page
Notification no. 1 of 2022 PDF
Notification no. 2 of 2022 PDF
JKSSB Junior Assistant Exam - Overview
|Name of the Conducting Authority||Jammu & Kashmir Services Selection Board|
|Number of positions||213 (89 for DMRRR & 124 for Rural Dev & Panchayati Raj)|
|Exam Date ||To be announced |
|Application Fees||Rs. 500/- (for General Category)|
Rs. 400/- (for SC, ST, PWD & EWS Categories)
|Mode of Exam||Online/offline|
|Selection process||Written Exam|
|Eligibility||Bachelor's degree from a recognised university|
|Pay Scale||Level- 4 (Rs.25,500- Rs.81,100)|
Take a Free Mock Test Here
JKSSB Junior Assistant Exam Date 2022
|Events ||Dates |
|Online application submission Start date ||To be announced|
|Online application submission End date||To be announced|
|Skill Test||To be announced|
|Written Exam||To be announced |
JKSSB Junior Assistant Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who want to apply for the JKSSB Junior Assistant Exam 2022 should review the numerous requirements of the Jammu & Kashmir Services Selection Board. Age limitations, qualifications, nationality, and age reservation criteria are among the JKSSB Junior Assistant Eligibility Criteria 2022. Candidates who do not meet any of the eligibility requirements will have their candidacy automatically revoked.
JKSSB Junior Assistant Age Limit
The minimum and maximum age limits stipulated by the JKSSB must be met by aspirants (Jammu & Kashmir Services Selection Board). Candidates must be between the ages of 19 and 40. Applicants under the age of 19 and above 40 will be ineligible for the post of JKSSB Junior Assistant.
- Minimum Age: 19 years
- Maximum Age: 40 years
For candidates who fall into specified categories, there are age exceptions to the upper age restriction. The upper age limit relaxations are as follows:
|Category||Age Relaxation Limit |
|Scheduled Caste ||3 years|
| Scheduled Tribe ||3 years|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||3 years|
|Pahari speaking People (PWP)||3 years|
|Other Social Caste (OCS)||3 years|
|Residents of Backward Area (RBA)||3 years|
|Residents of Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control (ALC)||3 years|
Take a Free Mock Test Here
JKSSB Junior Assistant Nationality
The following are the JKSSB nationality requirements for the position of Junior Assistant:
- Candidates for the role of Junior Assistant must be citizens of India.
- All Applicants must be residents of Jammu and Kashmir's Union Territory.
- On or before the closing day for application submission, candidates must produce the appropriate domicile certificates issued by the relevant authorities in the prescribed form by the Board.
JKSSB Junior Assistant Educational Qualification
Candidates for Junior Assistant positions work directly with higher authorities and are expected to accomplish certain responsibilities; thus, they must be well qualified. The educational requirements are listed below.
- All applicants must have earned a bachelor's degree from a recognised university.
- A typing speed of a minimum of 35 words per minute is required of candidates.
- Candidates must have completed a 6-month Computer Applications Certification Course from a recognised institution.JKSSB Junior Assistant Job Profile
Junior Assistants work in a variety of departments as support staff. They assist higher- authorities with day-to-day office and field operations.
- Their key responsibilities include file dispatch, typing, recording, indexing, statement preparation, and file registering.
- They frequently help higher authorities in carrying out the duties.
- In the accounting & administrative field, junior assistants will be entitled to perform professional and domain-specific tasks.
JKSSB Junior Assistant Application Fees
Applicants need to pay Rs.500/- as an application fee for completing the application process.
Applicants from SC, ST, PWD & EWS Categories applying for the Junior Assistant post in Rural Development and Panchayati Raj need to pay Rs.400/- as an application fee for completing the application process.
JKSSB Junior Assistant Vacancies
For the role of JKSSB Junior Assistant, the JKSSB has released notifications for 213 vacancies The following is the breakdown of vacancies:
|Rural Development & Panchayati Raj||124|
Take a Free Mock Test Here
How to apply for JKSSB Junior Assistant Exam 2022
Between 20th Feb 2022 and 20th March 2022 JKSSB will accept online applications for the position of Junior Assistant. Candidates can complete the application procedure by following these steps.
- Go to the official website https://www.jkssb.nic.in/.
- If you are a first-time candidate, you must first register by clicking on "Candidate Registration." If you've already created an account, you can use your login credentials to log in.
- If you are a new user, create your credentials by entering your personal information, such as your date of birth, email address, phone number, and name.
- Open the link that reads "Apply Online" JKSSB Junior Assistant
- The applicant must complete the online application form with all important details, including their name, address, educational level, age, & work history, if any.
- Save the information and then proceed to pay the application fee online. Once the fee has been paid, candidates are advised to print the e-receipt for future reference.
JKSSB Junior Assistant Exam Pattern
The JKSSB Junior Assistant Exam consists of two parts: a written exam and a skill test. The candidates must be well informed of the JKSSB Junior Assistant Test selection procedure and the JKSSB exam pattern for the year 2022.
- Only objective questions are asked in the written examination, which is worth 80 marks.
- Candidates receive a 0.25 penalty for each incorrect answer.
- Candidates who achieve a score equal to or greater than the cut-off will be invited to the skill test, which is the next phase of the recruitment process.
- Shortlisted candidates will next be called for the document verification round. They will be required to submit papers to validate all of the information provided throughout the application process.
- The candidates' final selection will be determined by their overall performance at all phases of the selection process.
|Section|| Number of Questions|
|Numerical and Reasoning Ability||20|
|General Awareness with the special reference to JK UT||20|
|Fundamentals of Computer||20|
Duration – 80 minutes
JKSSB Junior Assistant Exam Syllabus
Stage 1 Written Test:
|General English||Proofreading, Modals, Comprehension, Articles, Punctuation, Narration, Pronouns, Punctuation, Uses of Prepositions, Synonyms and antonyms, Active & Passive Voice|
|Numerical and Reasoning Ability||Basic Arithmetic, Percentage, Average, Time & Work, Number System, Profit & Loss, Ratio & Proportion, Time & Work, Reasoning, Mathematical reasoning, Letter series, Coding decoding, Speed, Distance, and Time, Direction sense, Blood relations, Number series, Statements and conclusions|
|General Awareness with the special reference to JK UT||J&K UT: Heritage & Culture, History, Geography- (Weather, Climate, Crops, Rivers, Lakes, Flora, Fauna etc.), Economy, Important Tourist Destinations, Political & Physical divisions of India, Current Events of National and International importance, Demography- Census, its feature & functions, Heritage, Freedom Struggle/Movement and Indian Culture, Important Lakes & Rivers in India, Means of Transport of India, Weather, Climate, Crops|
|Fundamentals of Computer||E-mail & Internet, Input & output devices, Basics of computer sciences, Hardware & Software, MS WordPowerPoint Presentation, MS Access, MS Excel|
Take a Free Mock Test Here
Stage 2 Skill test:
Once the candidate clears round 1, the board will call them for round 2. The second phase of the JKSSB Junior Assistant Recruitment Process is the Skill Test. This stage carries a total of 20 marks. The marks earned in this step are weighted in proportion to the 20 points granted for the Typing Test.
JKSSB Junior Assistant Exam preparation
Strategic planning is necessary to pass the JKSSB Junior Assistant exam on the first attempt. Applicants who would like to take their exam preparation to another level should focus on the following areas in particular.
- Aspirants must have a thorough comprehension of the exam pattern and curriculum; it goes without saying that those who have a deep understanding of the subject will have a better time clearing the exam and have a better chance of landing the job.
- Candidates must study each topic stated in the JKSSB Junior Assistant curriculum, as each subject is equally important in evaluating the candidate.
- Candidates should also prepare for the selection process's skill test. They can practise typing skills by taking random typing tests from various online or offline sources regularly.
- Candidates can use books, online blogs, and articles to prepare for the tests ahead of time.
We hope that this post has provided you with comprehensive information about the JKSSB Junior Assistant Exam Date, vacancies, and pattern, as well as the curriculum. We encourage candidates to actively monitoring the JKSSB's official website for the most up-to-date information.