JKSSB Junior Assistant Salary
The Junior assistant appointed under the selection process of JKSSB is fixed under the guidelines of the 7th pay commission. The salary differs depending on the level of the department allotted. It is fixed on the level 6,4 and 2. The starting salary of JKSSB Junior Assistant is Rs. 29,200 per month, with the grade pay being Rs. 2400. They are also provided various allowances as per their entitlement.
JKSSB Junior Assistant - Salary Components
Along with the initial salary of Rs. 29200, the Junior Assistant is entitled to various benefits and allowances. Take a look at various components of the salary in the following table:
|Rs. 360000 (Annually)
|House Rent Allowance
Take a Free Mock Test Here
JKSSB Junior Assistant Job Profile
The successful candidates in the examination are called for document verification. If the Board is satisfied with verification, they will post the Junior Assistants in different divisions of Jammu and Kashmir. The JKSSB Junior Assistant doesn't have any training or probation period.
Junior Assistants are required to balance between office work and fieldwork. They are directly in contact with the public. Most of the public grievances are handled by Junior Assistants.
- Selected candidates need to possess excellent typing capabilities since they will be required to make various reports, excel sheets, dispatch the notices, record the data, index the files, prepare monthly, quarterly and annual statements, and analyse the data gathered from the field, and much more. Their reports are forwarded to Senior offices based on which the department makes various decisions. Sufficient knowledge of MS Office is required for basic computing, operating system, and others to handle day-to-day activities.
- They should be capable of coping with office work since, along with fieldwork, their presence will be vital in the office.
- Junior assistants are in direct contact with the public, so they should have good communication skills to convey the government policies, procedures, and regulations to enable smooth compliance of the area allotted to them. Average knowledge of English will be sufficient to make reports, write formal letters, and do other workloads.
- Many of the lower-level problems are solved at their level themselves. They should maintain good coordination with office staff.
Junior assistants have good recognition due to their outdoor presence coupled with a good salary and various allowances. It offers reputation from people while addressing your financial concerns. It offers a chance to explore more yet stays stable and permanent with the chances of promotion. No qualification of technical background is demanded in this exam.
Take a Free Mock Test Here
JKSSB Junior Assistant Posting
The candidates selected after the document will be posted in the following Cadre in the Department DMRRR, Rural Development & Panchayati Raj Department:
JKSSB Junior Assistant Recruitment Process
The applicants interested in the post should make an online application on the official website of JKSSB https://ssbjk.org.in/ before the last date fixed for online application by making the payment of the application fee.
- Candidates will be issued the admit card one week before the exam. They need to carry the hard copy of the admit card to the examination centre along with valid photo ID proof to be eligible for appearing in the exams.
- The question paper will be objective type and multiple-choice questions (MCQs) with the penalty of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
- Once the candidates are successful in the written examination, they will be required to appear for document verification. They should carry all the documents that verify the claims made in the application form. Any false/ fake claim will lead to the cancellation of the candidature of the candidates.
- The candidates must have the Domicile certificate while they appear for document verification along with other documents. Also, the reserved category applicants should carry the Reserved category certificate to be eligible for the category.
JKSSB will address any grievance of the candidates only by mail at the e-mail address- email@example.com
Early preparation with the appropriate strategy will enable you to be successful in the examinations. The job offers public exposure, experience, stability, and other benefits, making it a secure yet existing job. With defined perquisites', fixed salary, defined working hours, promotions, paid leaves, income tax benefits, and retirement benefits. Public service, along with a stable job, is what you are looking for, then this job is best to consider with the least technical educational background.