About FCI Manager: Food Corporation of India - FCI is a very reputed government Institution in India. Its primary role is to look after the storage and distribution of Agricultural Produce in India. It regularly conducts the recruitment drives for Manager and Assistant Manager Posts. Being selected in FCI as a manager or Assistant Manager is a matter of pride as the competition is very tough. It is one of India's most secure career options.
FCI Manager Exam 2022 - Notification
Food Corporation of India (FCI) has released the notification for FCI Manager exam 2022 for the posts of Manager (General/ Depot/ Movement/ Accounts/ Technical/ Civil Engineering/ Electrical Mechanical Engineering). A total of 113 vacancies are out for this year FCI Recruitment for the post of FCI Manager 2022. Download the FCI Manager Notification PDF Here in this blog.
FCI Manager Notification PDF Download
FCI Manager Recruitment 2022 : Overview
|Organisation||Food Corporation of India|
|Online registration start day||27th August 2022|
|Online registration End Date||26th September 2022|
|Salary||Rs 40000 to 140000|
|Selection Process||Online Test|
FCI Recruitment - Important Dates
FCI Has released the notification for the recruitment of FCI Manager for a total of 113 Vacancies. Here are the important dates related to FCI Manager 2022.
|FCI Notification||24th August 2022|
|Online Application Start Date||27th August 2022|
|Last Date To Apply Online||26th September 2022|
|Availability of FCI Admit Card||10 Days Prior to the Exam|
|FCI Exam Dates||To be announced|
|FCI Interview Call Letter||To be announced|
|FCI Interview Dates||To be announced|
FCI Manager Vacancy 2022
|Post Name||North Zone||South Zone||East Zone||West Zone||NE Zone||Total|
|Manager (Electrical Mechanical|
FCI Manager Eligibility Criteria
|Name of the Post||QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE|
|Manager (General)||Graduate degree or equivalent from recognized University with minimum|
60% marks; OR CA/ICWA/CS
Note: In case of SC/ST/ PwBD candidates, the minimum percentage of marks shall be 55% instead of 60%.
Graduate degree or equivalent from recognized University with minimum 60% marks;
Note: In case of SC/ST/PwBD candidates, the minimum percentage of marks shall be 55% instead of 60%.
|Manager (Movement)||Graduate degree or equivalent from recognized University with minimum 60% marks;|
Note: In case of SC/ST/ PwBD candidates, the minimum percentage of
i. Associate Membership of
a) The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India; or
b) The Institute of Cost Accountants of India; or
c)The Institute of Company Secretaries of India
ii. B.Com from a recognized University AND
(a) Post Graduate Full-time MBA (Fin) Degree / Diploma of minimum 2 years recognized by UGC/AICTE;
(b) Post Graduate Part-time MBA (Fin) Degree / Diploma (not in the nature of distance education) of minimum 3 years duration recognized by UGC/AICTE;
(c) Post Graduate MBA (Fin) Degree/Diploma by distance education mode recognized by UGC-AICTE- DEC Joint Committee.
|Manager (Technical)||B.Sc. in Agriculture from a recognized University.|
B.Tech degree or B.E degree in Food Science from a recognized University/ an institution approved by the AICTE;
B.Tech degree or B.E degree in Food Science & Technology or Food Technology or Food Processing Technology or Food Process Engineering or Food Processing or Food Preservation Technology from a recognized University/ an institution approved by the AICTE.
B.Tech. degree or BE degree in Agricultural Engineering from a recognized University/an institution approved by the AICTE.
B.Tech degree or B.E degree in Bio-Technology or Industrial Bio- Technology or Bio-Chemical Engineering or Agricultural Bio-Technology from a recognized University/ an institution approved by the AICTE;
|Manager (Civil Engineering)||Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University or equivalent.|
|Manager (Electrical Mechanical|
|Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from a Recognized University or equivalent.|
(i) Master's Degree of a recognized University or equivalent in Hindi with English as a subject at the Degree level.
Master's Degree of a recognized University or equivalent in English with Hindi as a subject at the degree level.
Master's degree of a recognized University or equivalent in any subject with Hindi and English as a subject at the degree level.
Master's degree of a recognized University or equivalent in any subject with English medium and Hindi as a subject at the degree level.
Master's degree of a recognized University or equivalent in any subject with Hindi medium and English as a subject at the degree level.
(ii) 5 years experience of terminological work in Hindi and/or translation work from English to Hindi or vice-versa preferably of technical or scientific literature.
Five years experience of teaching/research writing or journalism in Hindi Desirable:-
Knowledge of Sanskrit or a modern India Language.
Experience of organizing Hindi Classes or workshop for noting and
Post wise salary and Age limit
|Manager (Electrical Mechanical|
Procedure For Applying Online
The candidates should apply within a specific period which will be updated with the official notification.
Before applying online, candidates should-
- scan their :
- photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm)
- signature (with black ink)
- left thumb impression (on white paper with black or blue ink)
- a handwritten declaration is given below
(ii) Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted.
- The left thumb impression should be properly scanned and not smudged. (If a candidate is not having left thumb, he/she may use his/ her right thumb for applying.)
(iv) The text for the handwritten declaration is as follows –
"I, (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required."
- The above mentioned handwritten declaration has to be in the candidate‟s handwriting and in English only. If it is written and uploaded by anybody else or in any other language, the application will be considered as invalid. (In the case of Visually Impaired candidates who cannot write may get the text of declaration typed and put their left hand thumb impression below the typed declaration and upload the document as per specifications.)
- Keep the necessary details/documents ready to make Online Payment of the requisite application fee
Steps to Apply Online
- Candidates to go to the FCI website (www.fci.gov.in) and click on the option "APPLY ONLINE" which will open a new screen.
- To register application, choose the tab "Click here for New Registration" and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details' and ‘Save & Next' button.
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT' ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on the ‘Payment' Tab and proceed with payment.
- Click on the ‘Submit' button.
FCI Manager Selection Process
The selection process will be consisting of Online Test and Interview.
- Candidates are to be shortlisted for Interview on criteria of 50% marks in Online Test for unreserved and EWS categories and 45% marks for SC, ST, OBC and Persons with Benchmark Disabilities.
- A candidate has to appear in all the phases of the recruitment process to be considered for the selection. The candidates are advised to visit FCI Website regularly.
FCI Manager Phase I Online exam
The online test of Phase-I shall be common irrespective of the post. The test structure for Phase I Online test is as follow:
|Name of the Test||No. of|
|1||English Language||25||25||15 minutes||English|
|2||Reasoning Ability||25||25||15 minutes||Bilingual (English and|
|3||Numerical Aptitude||25||25||15 minutes||Bilingual (English and|
|4||General Studies* comprising of Indian History, Indian Economy, Geography & General Science up to Class 8th level -20 questions, Current Affairs -5 questions ||25||25||15 minutes||Bilingual (English and|
| || ||100||100||60 Minutes|| |
*The nature of questions will be such that they do not require specialized study of any discipline.
NOTE: - In the Phase-I of online test, the test will be Objective type (Multiple Choice Questions). Each question will carry equal 1 (one) mark. For each wrong answer, there will be negative marking of one-fourth (1/4) of the mark assigned to that question. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate; there will be no negative marking for that question. The marks obtained in Phase-I will NOT be reckoned in final merit ranking.
Phase-II online test will comprise of:
|POST||POST CODE||NUMBER OF|
|Manager (General)||A||Paper I only||-|
|Manager (Accounts)||D||Paper I and Paper II||Candidates applying for any ONE of the post code D, E, F and G will appear in Paper-I to be followed by Paper-II.|
ONLINE TEST for Paper - I & Paper – II shall be held in single sitting.
|Manager (Civil Engineering)||F||-||-|
|Manager (Hindi)||H||Paper III and|
|Candidates applying for Post code H will|
appear in Paper-III to be followed by Paper-IV.
ONLINE TEST for Paper - III & Paper-IV shall be held in single setting.
Note-I: - Paper-I is common for post code A, B, C, D, E, F, and G.
Note-II: - Online Test for Paper - I & Paper - II and Paper – III & Paper IV shall be held in single sitting
Pattern of Paper II Online Test is as followed.
Phase II paper Pattern
|Paper Type||Number of questions and Marks||Duration|
|Paper – I||120 Multiple Choice Questions each carrying 1 mark|
(maximum 120 marks).
|Post specific Paper-II (in phase II)||60 Multiple Choice Questions each carrying 2 marks (maximum 120 marks).||60 minutes|
Paper-III (Only for the Post of Manager (Hindi)
Post Code-H )
|120 Multiple Choice Questions each carrying 1 mark (maximum 120 marks).||90 minutes|
Paper-IV (Only for the Post of Manager (Hindi)
Post Code-H )
|(i) 1 Passage for translation|
from Hindi to English
(ii) 1 Passage for translation from English to Hindi
(iii) 1 essay in Hindi
(iv) 1 Precis Writing in English
Each question carries 30
Marks and total Marks will be 120.
There will be No Negative Marking in the phase-II of the examination.
FCI Manager Exam Syllabus
Post Code - B: Assistant General Manager (Technical)
Basic principles of Crop (Cereals & Pulses) production, Statistics of Indian Agriculture (Cereals & Pulses), Introductory Genetics, Crop Protection, Basics of Plant Pathology, Food & Agriculture Microbiology, Nutrition (Animal & Plant), Postharvest care of cereals& Pulses, Basic Principle of Preservation of Foodgrains, Agriculture Extension, Photosynthesis and Respiration.
Microbes: Beneficial & Harmful, Genetic Engineering, Biotechnological Principles, Economic Biotechnology, Pathogens & Control, recent trends.
Basic Entomology, Economic Entomology, Beneficial and harmful insects, Integrated Pest Management (IPM), Storage Grain Insect pest, Vertebrate Pests, Classification of Insecticides and their Mode of Action.
Physical Chemistry: Structure of Atoms, Chemical Bonding, Radioactivity; Inorganic Chemistry: Periodic table, Basics Metals & Non-metals; Organic Chemistry: Basics of alkanes, alkenes, alkynes, alcohols, aldehydes and acids, Biochemistry (Carbohydrates, Proteins & fats).
PFA Act, 1964, Food Safety and Standards Act,2006/Food Safety and Standards Regulations 2011, Right to Information Act,2005 and National Food Security Act, 2013.
Post Code - C: Assistant General Manager (Accounts)
- Basic Accounting concepts including preparation of books of accounts and Accounting Standards.
- Financial Management: Analysis of Financial statement; Budgeting & Budgetary control; Working Capital Management; Capital Budgeting & Ratio Analysis.
- Taxation: Income Tax including filing of return, TDS, Advance Tax etc; Goods& Services Tax.
- Auditing: Auditing Concepts and Methods; Internal & External Audit of Companies.
- Commercial Laws: Contract Act; Companies Act; Sales of Goods Act; Negotiable Instrument Act; Consumer Protection Act; RTI Act.
- Basic of Computers: Operating System; Browsers; Email; Memory (Internal, External, portable); Chats; Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); Networks.
Post Code - D: Assistant General Manager (Law)
- Constitution of India (with emphasis on service law and writ jurisdiction of High Court & Supreme Court, Fundamental Rights)
- Procedural Law (Civil Procedural Code 1908, Indian Evidence Act 1872 and Limitation Act 1963)
- Indian Contract Act 1872 including Specific Relief Act 1963
- Commercial Law (Company Law 2013, Indian Partnership Act 1932, Limited Liability Partnership Act 2008, The Competition Act 2002)
- Labour Law ( Industrial Dispute Act 1947, Employees Provident Fund & Miscellaneous Provision Act 1952, Contract Labor (Regulation & Abolition) Act 1970, Minimum Wages Act 1948, Payment of Gratuity Act 1972, Payment of Wages Act 1936, The Employees Compensation Act 1923, Industrial Employment ( Standing Orders) Act 1946)
- Arbitration and Conciliation Act 1996
- National Food Security Act 2013
- The Food safety and standards Act 2006
- Prevention of Corruption Act 1988
- Information Technology Act 2000
- Right to Information Act 2005
- Goods and Services Tax 2017
Post Code - E: Medical Officer
Cardiology, Respiratory diseases, Gastro‐intestinal, Genito‐Urinary, Neurology, Hematology, Endocrinology, Metabolic disorders, Infections/Communicable Diseases( Virus, Rickets, Bacterial, Spirochetal, Protozoan, Metazoan, Fungus), Nutrition/Growth, Diseases of the skin (Dermatology), Musculoskeletal System, Psychiatry, General, Emergency Medicine, Common Poisoning, Snakebite, Tropical Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, Emphasis on medical procedures, Pathophysiological basis of diseases, Vaccines preventable diseases and Non-vaccines preventable diseases, Vitamin deficiency diseases, In psychiatry include – Depression, psychosis, anxiety, bipolar diseases and Schizophrenia.
Common childhood emergencies, Basic new born care, Normal developmental milestones, Accidents and poisonings in children, Birth defects and counseling including autism, Immunization in children, Recognizing children with special needs and management, and National programmes related to child health.
Wounds, Infections, Tumours, Lymphatic, Blood vessels, Cysts/sinuses, Head and neck, Breast, Alimentary tract (Esophagus, Stomach, Intestines, Anus, Developmental), Liver, Bile, Pancreas, Spleen, Peritoneum, Abdominal wall, Abdominal injuries, Urological Surgery, Neurosurgery, Otorhinolaryngology E.N.T., Thoracic surgery, Orthopaedic surgery, Ophthalmology, Anaesthesiology, Traumatology, Diagnosis and management of common surgical ailments, Pre‐operative and post-operative care of surgical patients, Medico-legal and ethical issues of surgery, Wound healing, Fluid and electrolyte management in surgery, Shock pathophysiology and management.
Gynaecology and Obstetrics
Ante‐natal conditions, Intra‐natal conditions, Post‐natal conditions, Management of normal labours or complicated labour.
Questions on applied anatomy, Questions on applied physiology of menstruation and fertilization, Questions on infections in genital tract, Questions on neoplasma in the genital tract, Questions on displacement of the uterus, Normal delivery and safe delivery practices, High risk pregnancy and management, Abortions, Intra Uterine growth retardation, Medico-legal examination in obgy and Gynae including Rape.
(iii) Family Planning
Conventional contraceptives, U.D. and oral pills, Operative procedure, sterilization and organization of programmes in the urban and rural surroundings, Medical Termination of Pregnancy.
Preventive Social and Community Medicine
Social and Community Medicine, Concept of Health, Disease and Preventive Medicine, Health Administration and Planning, General Epidemiology, Demography and Health Statistics, Communicable Diseases, Environmental Health, Nutrition and Health, Non‐communicable diseases, Occupational Health, Genetics and Health, International Health, Medical Sociology and Health Education, Maternal and Child Health, National Programmes, Management of common health problems, Ability to monitor national health programmes, Knowledge of maternal and child wellness, Ability to recognize, investigate, report, plan and manage community health problems including malnutrition and emergencies.
FCI Manager Application Fee
Candidates applying for the post are required to submit an application fee of Rs. 800/ – (Excluding bank charges but including GST ) by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets, UPI by providing information as asked on the screen. SC/ST/PwBD and Women candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee
FCI Manager Salary 2022
For the post of Manager (General/ Depot/ Movement/ Accounts/ Technical/ Civil Engineering/ Electrical Mechanical Engineering), candidates will be selected as Management Trainee and will undergo training for six months. Only consolidated stipend will be paid to them at the rate of Rs. 40,000/- (Forty thousand only) per month during the training period. Management Trainees will be considered for absorption as Managers in the IDA Pay scale of Rs. 40000 – 140000 upon successful completion of training period of six months. However, there will be no training in case of Manager (Hindi) and they will be directly appointed as Manager in the IDA Pay scale of Rs. 40000 – 140000.
December 2022 (Tentative)