About UPPSC RO ARO
The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) (लोक सेवा आयोग, उत्तर प्रदेश) is the state agency authorized to conduct the Civil Services Examination for entry-level appointments to the various Group A and Group B Civil Services of Uttar Pradesh. The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) came into existence on 1 April 1937, with the main aim of recruiting candidates to various services in the state. The commission is regulated by Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission Regulation, 1976. Some examinations conducted by the UPPSC from time to time:
- Combined Competitive Examination (Civil Services)
- Assistant Forest Conservator(ACF)/Forest range officer (FRO) Examinations (Natural Resource)
- R.O/A.R.O Preliminary Examination (Only for the Commission) (Civil Services)
- R.O/A.R.O Main Examination(Only for the Commission) (Civil Services)
- A.P.S. Examination(Only for the Commission and secretariat of U.P. and Revenue) (Civil Services)
- Assistant Registrar Examination (Civil Services)
- Combined State Engineering Examination. (Engineering)
- U.P. Judicial Services (Junior Division) Examination (Law)
- Assistant Prosecuting Officers Examination (Law)
- U.P. Palika (Centralized) Health Services: Food & Sanitary Inspector Examination. (Medical)
- Combined State/Lower Subordinate Examination. (Civil Services)
- Combined Junior Engineer Examination. (Engineering)
UPPSC RO ARO 2021 Mock Test
UPPSC RO ARO 2021 mock test have the following features
- The mock test series consists of 5 UPPSC RO ARO Exam Mock Tests in Hindi & English
- This mock test series is created by Subject matter experts
- Analyse your performance using our AI-Based Detailed Performance Analysis
- These mock tests will help you identify your strong and weak areas
UPPSC RO ARO Exam – Notification
The UPPSC had notified the details of the recruitment for the UPPSC RO ARO vacancies. The UPPSC will conduct the UPPSC RO ARO Exam for Samiksha Adhikari and Sahayak Samiksha Adhikari. The UPPSC RO ARO Exam Dates have also been announced. The Prelims exam is set for 5th December and the Mains exam for 10th April 2022.
The UPPSC RO ARO Admit Card will be released 10 to 15 days before the exam date. In this blog, we are going to take a detailed look at all the components of the UPPSC RO ARO Examination like – Eligibility, Application Process, Application Fees, Pattern, Syllabus, Cut-Offs, and more.
UPPSC RO ARO Exam Overview
|Name of the exam conducting body||Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC)|
|Exam Name||UPPSC RO ARO Exam|
|Official Website ||http://uppsc.up.nic.in/|
|Posts ||Review Officer & Assistant Review Officer|
|Date to Apply (from)||05th March 2021|
|Last Date to Apply||08th April 2021|
|Admit card release date||To be Announced|
|Prelims Exam Date||05th December 2021|
|Application mode||Online |
Also Read: UPPSC RO ARO Syllabus and Exam Pattern
UPPSC RO ARO Exam Date
Given below are the important dates for the UPPSC RO ARO Recruitment 2021.
|Notification Release Date||05th March 2021|
|Start Date to Apply||05th March 2021|
|Last Date to Apply||08th April 2021|
|Admit Card Release Date ||To be announced|
|Preliminary Exam Date||05th December 2021|
|Mains Exam Date||10th April 2022|
|Result Date ||To be announced|
UPPSC RO ARO Exam Eligibility Criteria
For recruitment of the Samiksha Adhikari, i..e., RO and the Sahayak Samiksha Adhikari, i.e., ARO, the UPPSC has established specific eligibility criteria that must be met by individuals making application for the positions. The eligibility requirements are listed hereunder:
The candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
Age Limit (on 01.07.2021)
The applicant must be at least 21 years old. They should not have attained an age of more than 40 yrs.
Age Relaxation: However, there is little relaxation for an upper limit of the age of the candidates of reserved categories according to the norms given by the Uttar Pradesh State Government. Listed hereunder are the required details for it:
- Skilled players of classified games/ SC/ ST/ OBC/ U.P. State Government Employees: 5 years
- PWD candidates of Uttar Pradesh: 15 years
- Group-B posts for Emergency Commissioned Officers/ Short Service Commissioned Officers/ Ex-Army Personnel's of U.P. (with 5 years of service in Army): 5 years.
Educational Qualification Criteria
For this examination, all candidates must meet the educational requirements set forth by the UPPSC. There are also unique qualities for some positions that a person must meet to be considered for that position. The following are more details on the subject.
Minimum Qualification: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree from an Indian university or an equivalent degree as of the last date for submitting the online applications.
- Hindi Typing – 25 WPM
- Knowledge of English Typing
- O Level Exam for Some Post
UPPSC RO ARO Vacancy
The UPPSC RO and ARO recruitment details for 2021 have been released. The commission has issued a total of 337 openings for filling. The following are the details about the last UPPSC RO and ARO recruitment:
- General Recruitment (RO & ARO) : 228
- Special Recruitment (RO & ARO): 109
UPPSC RO ARO Exam Online Application Process
For the UPPSC RO and ARO Recruitment 2021, candidates must apply online. Applicants can online apply for the year 2021 by following the easy steps outlined below:
- Step 1. Visit the website (official) for the application, i.e., http://uppsc.up.nic.in/
- Step 2. After that, select “All Notification/ Advertisement,” and an online advertisement with the following three parts will appear:
- User instruction
- View advertisement
- Step 3. Make sure to read instructions properly before filling out the web form. Then, for UPPSC RO ARO, click on “see advertisement” and then “apply.”
- Step 4. After selecting “Apply,” go to “Candidate Registration” and fill out the basic application form for the position, you’re interested in. Applicants must supply a genuine mobile phone number, as this will be used for all future correspondence. If any changes or modifications are needed, click “Click here to alter” and then “Submit Application.”
- Step 5. After you’ve submitted your information, click “Print Registration Slip” to get a printout of your registration slip.
- Step 6. On the screen, you’ll see “Fee to be deposited [in INR].” “Click here to proceed with payment” should be selected. The State Bank MOPS main page will appear when you click. Applicants can pay the fee via (a) Net Banking, (b) Credit or Debit Card, (c) Other available payment options. Select “Print Payment Receipt” and save it for future reference.
- Step 7. Click on “Proceed for the final submission of the application form (Part- 2)” after successfully submitting the fee. Correctly fill in all of the information requested.
- Step 8. Provide a scanned photocopy of the recent coloured passport photo and sign in the given format & size. Click on “Preview” and double-check all of your entries before clicking “Submit.” The applicants may print this application.
UPPSC RO ARO Selection Procedure
The UPPSC will hold a preliminary exam and the main examination for the positions of the Samiksha Adhikari, i.e., RO and Sahayak Samiksha Adhikari, i.e., ARO. The preliminary test is only for the purpose of qualification. Those who pass the preliminary exam advance to the final examination.
Candidates who clear the preliminary stage shall be required to fill out a new application form to sit for the main examination. The finalization will be made based on merit, which will be calculated based on the candidates’ total marks in the written Mains Test.
UPPSC RO ARO Exam Pattern
The complete UPPSC RO ARO Syllabus and Exam Pattern are essential for all aspirants to understand because it explains the overall weightage for each topic in each subject. The following is the exam pattern for both the preliminary and mains examinations.:
Exam Pattern for Prelims
|Sl. No.||Subject||Question Type||No. of Question||Max. Marks||Duration|
|1||General Studies ||Objective ||140||140||2 hours|
|2||General Hindi ||Objective||60||60||1 hour|
|Total|| || ||200||200||3 hours|
Mains Exam Pattern
|Subject||Question Type||No. of Question||Max. Marks||Duration|
|General Studies ||Objective||120||120||2 hours|
|General Hindi and Drafting||Part-1 Conventional Type ||05 (with sub parts)||100||2 hours 30 minutes|
| ||Part-2 General Vocabulary Objective Type||05 (with sub parts)||60||30 minutes|
|Hindi Essay||Subjective||03||120||3 hours|
There will be an additional paper for the posts of Samiksha Adhikari (Urdu) and Samiksha Adhikari (Hindi), the test pattern for which is mentioned below.
Samiksha Adhikari (Hindi)
|Sl. No.||Subject||No. of Question||Max. Marks||Duration|
|1||Translation from the English language to the Hindi language||03 (with sub-parts)||50|| 3 hours|
|2||Translation from the Hindi language to the English language||03 (with sub-parts)||50|| |
Samiksha Adhikari (Urdu)
|Sl. No. ||Subject||No. of Question ||Max. Marks||Duration|
|1||Translation from the English language to the Urdu language ||03 (with sub-parts)||50|| 3 hours|
|2||Translation from the Urdu language to the English language||03 (with sub-parts)||50|| |
UPPSC RO ARO Syllabus
UPPSC RO ARO Prelims Syllabus
The RO ARO Stage 1 of the UPPSC is a preparatory examination. The UPPSC RO ARO Prelims exam is worth 200 marks and consists of two papers. Questions would be objective, and each one will be worth one mark. The following is the syllabus for the preliminary examination:
|Paper||Topic||UPPSC RO ARO syllabus|
|Paper – 1||General Studies||(a) History of India(b) Indian National Movement(c) Indian Polity, Culture, and Economy(d) Geography as well as Natural resources of India and the World Geography(e) Population, Ecology & Urbanization (in the context of India)(f) Indian Agriculture and Trade & Commerce(g) General Science(h) Current Events of the National & International importance(i) Specialized Knowledge about Education, Agriculture industry, Culture, Trade, Living and Social Traditions in Uttar Pradesh|
|Paper – 2||General Hindi||Antonyms, Sentence and Correction in framing one-word substitution Same usage and same nature words, Adjectives, Synonymous words|
UPPSC RO ARO Mains Syllabus
To advance further with the UPPSC selection criteria, shortlisted applicants from stage 1 will take the UPPSC RO ARO mains test. Three papers make up the UPPSC RO ARO mains exam. The following is the syllabus for the UPPSC RO ARO mains examination.:
|Paper||Topic||UPPSC RO ARO syllabus|
|Paper – 1||General Studies||(a) History of India (b) Indian National Movement (c) Indian Polity, Culture, and Economy (d) Geography as well as Natural resources of India and the World Geography (e) Population, Ecology & Urbanization (in the context of India) (f) Indian Agriculture and Trade & Commerce (g) General Science (h) Current Events of the National & International importance (i) Specialized Knowledge about Education, Agriculture industry, Culture, Trade, Living and Social Traditions in Uttar Pradesh|
|Paper – 2||General Hindi & Drafting – (Part – I Conventional)||(a) Heading of a passage given, precis, & explanation on the underlined parts (b) Precis in Tabular manner of any available Government Letter (c) Correspondence: Official/ Semi-Official Letter, Office Memo/ Memo/ Circular, Communique/ Annotation and Reports/Reminder (d) Definition Vocabulary (Administrative & Commercial):(i) Hindi to English (5 words)(ii) English to Hindi (5 words)(iii) Phrases and Idioms (5) (e) Computer Knowledge|
|Paper – 2||(Part – II General Vocabulary)||(a) Antonyms (Six words)|
(b) Sentence and Correction in framing (Six sentences)
(c) One word for several words (Six words)
(d) Same usage and same nature words (Six words)
(e) Derived by a noun & adjective (Six words)
|Paper – 3||Hindi Essay (given below)|| |
UPPSC RO ARO Hindi Essay Syllabus
The Hindi Essay portion will have a total of 3 questions which will be compulsory to be attended by each candidate. The candidates shall be given a choice to write an essay on one of the given topics.
|Question Number||Essay Topic||Total Marks||Word Limit|
|1||(a) Literature and Culture (b) Social Field (c) Political Field||40||60|
|2||(a) Science Ecology and Technology (b) Economic Field (c) Agriculture and Commerce||40||60|
|3||(a) National and International Events (b) Natural Calamities- Cyclone, Earthquake, Earth stumbling, Drought, Flood, and other national Department Plans||40||60|
Also, Read for more details: UPPSC RO ARO Cut Off, UPPSC RO ARO Admit Card, UPPSC RO ARO Salary & Job Profile, UPPSC RO ARO Answer key
UPPSC RO ARO Interview
For the UPPSC RO and ARO interview, no set curriculum is defined. Candidates who pass the preliminary and main exams will be invited for a personal interview. A candidate’s practical knowledge and skills are assessed during the personal interview round. You can anticipate questions depending on the various skills required for your work. For the personal interview, the candidate must prepare the current events as well.
UPPSC RO ARO Exam Admit Card
The Admit Card will be released on the official website of UPPSC after all the applications have been considered and accepted. Any information regarding the admit card will not be delivered personally to the applicants. The applicants shall check the website for the same. The UPPSC will not send the admit cards personally sent to the applicants. They can download the admit card from the official website.
UPPSC RO ARO Cut Off
The UPPSC RO ARO cutoff will be announced for both – preliminary and mains examinations. After the preliminary examinations, the initial cut-off shall be announced, and those who pass it will be eligible for the mains. The merit list (category-wise) of the shortlisted students would be revealed after the mains exams, besides their mains examination marks. The final selection shall be based only on the results of the written mains examination. After the exams, the UPPSC RO and ARO cut-off list would be posted on the website.
UPPSC RO ARO Previous Year Cut Off
The details of the UPPSC RO ARO Cutoff 2017 are as follows:
UPPSC RO ARO Answer Key
After the relevant examinations have been successfully performed, the answer key will be released for the prelims and mains examinations. Candidates can get the answer key by visiting the given website and clicking on the “Key Answer Sheet.” Candidates must obtain the UPPSC RO/ARO Answer key to estimate their scores to compare them to their merit list marks.
5th December, 2021