Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts an open competitive examination for recruitment to the post of Scientific Assistant in India Meteorological Department (IMD), Group ‘B' Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post, in the Level 6 of the Pay Matrix as per the MoU signed between IMD and SSC. SSC has released the official SSC Scientific Assistant IMD Notification 2022 on its official website on 30th September 2022. Application process ends on 18th October 2022.
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD Application Form - Important Dates
|Notification Release||30th September 2022|
|Application Begin||30th September 2022|
|Application Ends||18th October 2022|
|Last Date of Payment of fees online||20 October 2022 (11 pm)|
|Last Date of Payment of fees offline||Working hours of SBI up to 20 October 2022 provided the challan has been generated by them before 19 October 2022 (11 pm).|
|Date of ‘Window for Application Form Correction' including online payment||25 October 2022 (11 pm)|
|Admit Card||To be Notified Soon|
|Exam Date||December 2022 (Tentative)|
|Result||To be Notified Soon|
SSC Scientific Assistant Application Form - Direct Link
Click on the link mentioned below to apply for SSC Scientific Assistant :
SSC Scientific Assistant Application Form
SSC Scientific Assistant Application Form - Steps to Apply
Steps to Apply for SSC Scientific Assistant are as follows :
- Applications must be submitted only in online mode at the website of SSC Headquarter i.e. https://ssc.nic.in.
- In the online Application Form, candidates are required to upload the scanned colour passport size photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB). The photograph should not be more than three months old from the date of publication of the Notice of Examination.
- Image dimension of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height). The photograph should be without cap, spectacles and the frontal view of the face should be clearly visible. If the proper photograph is not uploaded by a candidate, his candidature will be cancelled.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to submit the online application much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability or failure to login to the SSC website on account of heavy load on the website during the closing days. The Commission will not be responsible for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of the Commission.
- Before submission of the online application, candidates must check through Preview/ Print option that they have filled correct details in each field of the form.
SSC Scientific Assistant Application Fee
Fee can be paid online through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan. Application Fee for SSC Scientific Assistant are as follows :
|General Merit and OBC||Rs.100|
Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD)
and Ex-servicemen (ESM), Women candidates
Window for Application Form Correction
After the closing date for receipt of online applications, the Commission will provide a period of one (1) day to enable candidates to correct/ modify online application parameters, wherein candidates will be allowed to re-submit applications after making requisite corrections/ changes in the one-time registration/ online application data as per their requirement.
|Window for Application Form Correction|
25 October 2022
Upto 11 pm
SSC Scientific Assistant Apply online - Eligibility criteria
The Eligibility Criteria for SSC Scientific Assistant is given below :
Age Limit not exceeding 30 years as on 18 October 2022. Candidate must have been born not earlier than 19 October 1992 and not later than 17 October 2004.
|PH + OBC||13 years|
|PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years after the deduction of military service rendered from the actual age, from the closing date of application|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 (3+3)Years after the deduction of military service rendered from the actual age, from the closing date of application|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 (5+3)Years after the deduction of military service rendered from the actual age, from the closing date of application|
|Central Govt. Civil Employees with at least 3 years of service (Gen)||5 years|
|Central Govt. Civil Employees with at least 3 years of service (OBC)||8 years(5+3)|
|Central Govt. Civil Employees with at least 3 years of service (SC/ST)||10 years(5+5)|
|Domiciled Residents of Jammu and Kashmir (Gen)||5 years|
|Domiciled Residents of Jammu and Kashmir (OBC)||8 years|
|Domiciled Residents of Jammu and Kashmir (SC/ST)||10 years|
|Defense Personnel disabled during hostilities (Gen)||5years|
|Defense Personnel disabled during hostilities (OBC)||8 years|
|Defense Personnel disabled during hostilities (SC/ST)||10years|
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor's degree in Science with Physics as one of the key subjects/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Computer Applications or a Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering from a Recognised Institute.
- Candidates must be completed their full-time 3 years diploma course after the 10+2 examination.
- Candidate must be passed 10+2 from a recognized institute with Physics and Mathematics as core subjects.