SSC GD Constable Notification 2023
Staff Selection Commission is expected to release the notification for the recruitment of GD Constables in October 2023. SSC recruits both male and female candidates for the post of constables. SSC GD Constable recruitment is a good opportunity for candidates willing to join the armed forces. In this blog, we will brief you on the SSC GD Constable Notification 2023 and all the other details regarding the examination.
Attempt a Free SSC GD Constable Mock Test
SSC GD Constable Notification 2023 - Overview
Candidates who are preparing to appear in the GD Constable examination must have knowledge of the overview details of the examination. We have provided below the overview details for the SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2023.
|Particulars|| SSC CPO Notification 2023 Details|
|Name||Staff Selection Commission Central Police Organization (SSC CPO)|
|Conducted by||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Purpose of Exam ||To select candidates for the post of Sub-Inspector|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||011-69999845|
SSC GD Constable 2023 - Important Dates
Important dates for the SSC GD Constable exam are as follows :
|Dates for submission of online applications||To be announced|
|Last date and time for receipt of online applications||To be announced|
|Last date and time for the generation of offline Challan||To be announced|
|Last date and time for making online fee payment||To be announced|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during|
Working hours of Bank)
|To be announced|
|Schedule of Computer-Based Examination||To be announced|
SSC GD Constable Notification 2023
The notification is one of the crucial documents for any recruitment. Aspiring candidates can have all the detailed information from the official notification. We will provide you with the direct link to download the document once it is released officially on the website of the SSC.
Download the SSC GD Constable Notification 2023 (Link Inactive)
SSC GD Constable Notification 2023 - Apply Online Link
Applications must be submitted online at the official website of the Commission i.e. https://ssc.nic.in. The application process will begin after the release of the official notification. Eligible candidates will be able to apply online for the recruitment. Aspiring candidates must be aware of the application process for the SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2023. So, we have mentioned below the detailed application process for all the candidates.
Prerequisites before applying
|Colored Passport Size Photograph||3.5 cm X 4.5 cm||20 – 50 KB||The photo should not be more than 3 months old.|
The date on the photograph should be clearly printed on the photograph.
The photograph should be without a cap, spectacles and a frontal view of the face should be visible.
|Signature||4 cm X 2 cm||10 – 20 KB||Applications will be blurred or illegible signatures will not be accepted.|
|General||Rs 100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only)|
|Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) Ex-servicemen (ESM), and women candidates||Exempted from payment of a fee|
The application fee is acceptable in both online (Debit/Credit card/Net Banking) and offline (Challan) modes.
Steps to Apply
The SSC GD Online Application Process consists of 2 parts
- One Time Registration
- Filling out the online application
Part - I: One-Time Registration
- Visit the official website www.ssc.nic.in or click on the link given above.
- Click on the "Register Now" link.
- Fill in all the basic details, education qualification, and declaration form
- Get the Registration id for the further steps
Part - II: Online Application Form
- Click on the "Login" link and use your registration id to log in
- Under the ‘Latest Notifications' tab, click on "Apply Now" in the ‘Constable (GD) in CAPFs, NIA, SSF and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles Examination 2023' section
- Once the details are filled in, preview your application form.
- Pay the required application fee if applicable to you and click on submit.
- The SSC GD Constable 2023 Online Application Process is completed. Take out the printout of your application form for further use.
SSC GD Constable Notification 2023 - Eligibility Criteria
Various Eligibility criteria for SSC GD Constable are as follows :
The candidate must be a citizen of India. Vacancies in CAPFs & AR are state/UT/area wise hence a candidate must submit domicile/ PRC against his state/ UT.
Age Limit is 18-23 years.
Aspirants belonging to the following categories are eligible for age relaxation as mentioned in the table below :
|Code No||Category||Age relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit|
|1||SC/ ST||5 years|
|3||Ex-Servicemen||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning.|
|4||Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat|
|5||Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat|
|6||Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat|
The candidates must have passed Matriculation or the 10th Class Examination from a recognized Board/ University.
Candidates who have not acquired the essential educational qualification as of the stipulated date will not be eligible and need not apply.
Attempt a Free SSC GD Constable Mock test Now
SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern for SSC GD Constable is as follows :
|Part-A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||20||40||60 minutes|
|Part-B||General Knowledge and|
|Part -C||Elementary Mathematics||20||40|| |
|Part-D||English/ Hindi||20||40|| |
| || ||80||160|| |
- Marks per question = 2 marks for each correct answer
- Negative marking= 0.50 marks for each wrong answer
- Total Duration of Examination: 1 hour
- Sectional Timing: None
- Physical Efficiency Test- This exam evaluates a candidate's physical fitness based on height characteristics, and they must complete a PET (race) followed by a biometric/technology-aided identification test.
- Physical Standard test- This test assesses the candidates' physical abilities based on three factors: height, chest size, and weight.
- Detailed Medical Examination- Shortlisted applicants who pass the PET and PST must undergo a thorough medical examination and are medically assessed by the CAPFs' Medical Boards to determine their physical and medical fitness.
SSC GD Constable 2023 Syllabus
To prepare effectively for SSC GD Constable 2022 Exam, a candidate must know the entire syllabus of the SSC GD Constable 2023 Exam as planning a strategy with an updated syllabus is more fruitful rather than just cramming things in an undefined manner. For your ease, we have provided the detailed SSC GD Syllabus 2023:
|English/Hindi||General Awareness||Elementary Mathematics||General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|Scientific Inventions Sports,|
Awards and Honors,
Ratio and Proportions,
Profit and Loss,
Time and Distance,
Time and Work,
Fundamental Arithematic Operations
Similarities and Differences,
Recent Studies and Theories
SSC GD Constable Admit Card
SSC GD Constable admit card will be issued on the official website at least one week before the examination. After issuing the admits cards, the eligible candidates can download the same after entering the relevant credentials such as registration number and Date of Birth. Applicants must retain a copy of the admit card and carry the same to the exam hall.
SSC GD Constable Answer Key
The examination body generally releases the answer keys after the exams on the official website. This way, you can check your answers and calculate your overall score based on guidelines. The SSC will announce the date of declaring the answer key on the official site.
SSC GD Constable Cut Off
The SSC GD Constable Exam cut-off varies and is announced after the exam. Candidates scoring above the cut-off are qualified for the next level of the selection stage.
Few factors are taken into consideration while announcing the cut-off. These are
- The difficulty level of the exam
- Number of vacancies available
- The number of candidates who appeared for the exam
The Staff selection commission announced different cut off for males and female candidates. Earlier in 2018, the cut-off was announced state and category-wise for male and female candidates on the result date.
SSC GD Constable Salary
The salary of an SSC GD Constable is as follows :
|Sepoy in NCB||Pay Level-1 (Rs Rs.18,000 to 56,900)|
|BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, SSF, SSB, NIA, and riflemen||Pay Level-3 (Rs 21,700-69,100)|
Preparation Tips for the SSC GD Constable Exam
SSC GD Constable Exam 2023-24 is one of the most awaited tests for aspirants who want to work for the Indian government in various companies, ministries, and departments.
SSC GD Preparation online is crucial because there are many concepts across major disciplines tested, such as General Intelligence and Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General Knowledge, and English language.
Candidates who are planning to take the SSC GD Constable Exam should review the following easy yet efficient exam preparation tips:
- Before beginning the preparation, it is important to have a comprehensive understanding of the syllabus and test format.
- Prepare a study schedule and gather the best study materials for the SSC GD Constable Exam. A well-organized study schedule will ensure that equal time is spent on each topic's preparation.
- Examine past year's question papers to get a sense of the types of questions asked in the exam. It will also assist in determining the exam's standard and difficulty level.
- Solving free online practice tests would be beneficial in the same way. Aspirants who consistently practice mock exams will tackle more questions in the exam with greater confidence.
- If you're not sure you'll be able to prepare for the SSC GD Constable Exam on your own, get assistance from coaching centres, internet portals, and other sources.