The pay scale of SSC GD (General Duty) Constable is based on Pay Level- 3 (Rs.21,700/- to Rs.69,100/-). Besides, perks and allowances are also provided. The Staff Selection Commission General Duty (GD) exam comes under the Ministry of Home Affairs. Recruitment is conducted annually by SSC and lakhs of candidates wish to pursue a career in SSC. Since the department comes under the Ministry of Home Affairs, the SSC GD salary is also quite high. SSC GD Constable Exam is a nationwide exam conducted to recruit candidates for the posts of General Duty (GD) and Riffle man (General Duty) in the following Central Armed Forces-
- Bоrder Seсurity Fоrсe (BSF)
- Сentrаl Reserve Роliсe Fоrсe (СRРF)
- Sаshаstrа Seemа Bаl (SSB)
- Seсretаriаt Seсurity Fоrсe (SSF)
- Сentrаl Industriаl Seсurity Fоrсe (СISF)
- Indо Tibetаn Bоrder Роliсe (ITBР)
- Nаtiоnаl Investigаtiоn Аgenсy (NIА)
Continue reading to know more about the SSC GD Constable Salary and SSC GD Constable Job Profile important details, recruitment dates, etc.
Take a Free Mock Test Here
SSC GD Constable Salary & Job Profile
SSC GD Constable Salary Structure
The in-hand salary for the post of SSC GD Constable is approximate Rs.23,527/- per month, the basic pay being Rs.21,700/-. The detailed information regarding the salary of SSC GD Constable is mentioned below:
SSC GD Constable Salary
|Basic SSC GD Salary||Rs.21,700/-|
|TA (Travel Allowance)||Rs.1,224/-|
|HRA (House Rent Allowance)||Rs.2,538/-|
|D.A. (Dearness Allowance)||Rs.434/-|
Pension Contribution Rs.2,214/-CGHSRs.125/-CGEGISRs.30/-
Take a Free Mock Test Here
SSC GD Constable Perks and Allowances
Besides the salary, the SSC GD Constables are also provided several other allowances and benefits.
- Pension Schemes
- Medical Facilities
- Travel Allowance
- Security Allowances
- Field Allowance
- Annual paid leaves
SSC GD Constable Job Profile
The responsibilities and duties of the Constable General Duty are demanding. They have to be available when needed. On joining the post, they are appointed as guards or escorts. Their duties are mentioned below:
- A GD Constable has to work under the SHO and follow their instructions.
- In the absence of SI and Asst. SI, the GD Constable, has to take responsibility for all duties and charges.
- They may have to work on cases of investigation too.
Roles of GD Constable in Border Security Force
- To protect Indo-Bangladesh and Indo-Pakistan Borders.
- To instil feeling security in the hearts of the people residing in the border areas.
- To prevent unauthorized entry or exit on the Border.
- And prevent trans-border crime.
- To prevent illegal activities on the Border.
- To acquire trans-border intelligence and pass it to their seniors.
Roles of GD Constable in Central Reserve Police Force
- To work for maintaining internal security in the country.
- To provide service as part of the Indian Peace Keeping Force and the United Nations peacekeeping missions.
- Provide VIP security during elections and guarding of vital installations. Also, participate in counter Naxal operations.
Roles of GD Constable in Central Industrial Security Force
- To provide security to the public sector units and other sensitive infrastructures.
- To provide security at all commercial airports in India.
- To protect the Government infrastructure projects and industrial units.
- To provide security cover to persons nominated by the Home Ministry.
- To protect industrial undertakings and installations.
Roles of GD Constable in Indo Tibetan Border Police Force
- To protect the border between India and China
- To keep vigilance on the Northern Borders
- To restore and preserve order in case of a disturbance.
- To prevent border violations, illegal immigration and trans-border smuggling.
- To provide security to VIPs and sensitive installations.
- To maintain peace and promote a feeling of security in the hearts of the local people.
Roles of GD Constable in Sashastra Seema Bal
- To secure Indo-Bhutan and Indo-Nepal borders.
- To prevent cross-border crimes and illegal activities.
Role of GD Constable in Secretariat Security Force
Secretariat Security Force works in the Secretariat premises for the protection of Secretariat property. Guards are also posted at Secretariat gates and other places within the premises to check the entry and exit of vehicles and people. They are deputed to maintain the security of the Secretariat.
Take a Free Mock Test Here
Roles of GD Constable in Assam Rifles
- To provide internal security and prevent counter-insurgency under Board security operations.
- To provide aid in times of emergency.
- To provide communication, education, and medical assistance in remote areas.
- In times of war, secure the rear areas while working as a combat force.
SSC GD Constable - Career Growth and Promotion
The GD Constables are promoted according to their performance and the period of service. Sometimes they have to appear for departmental examinations to be promoted. The salary too increases along with the promotion. The Constables may be further promoted to the posts of:
- Senior Constable
- Head Constable
- Assistant Sub Inspector
- Sub Inspector
If serving the Nation is your motto and you also desire the security of a government job, apply for the post of SSC GD Constable on the official website of the commission. Start preparing for the examination well in advance. Study earnestly and prepare well for the written examination. Maintain your physical fitness and stamina as you will need to qualify in the Physical tests in the final round of the recruitment process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1. What is the SSC GD Constable in-hand salary offered to a candidate on being selected through GD Exam?
Ans. The SSC GD In-Hand salary given to candidates on joining as General Duty Constable in various security forces is 23537/-.
Q.2. What is SSC Constable GD Job Profile?
Ans. The major responsibilities of candidates on being selected in the SSC GD examination are the safety and security of the nation and its citizens. Detailed SSC GD job profile is mentioned in the article.