CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) is an online national-level entrance test administered by Consortium for applicants seeking admission to 22 law schools' undergraduate and graduate programmes. CLAT 2023 test dates have been released on the website. CLAT 2023 will carry on 18th December 2022. The CLAT significant dates include the publication of the CLAT 2023 application form and deadline, the distribution of the admit card, and the date and timing of the pen-and-paper oriented Common Law Admission Test.
CLAT Exam Date 2023 and Other Important Dates
|Event ||Dates for CLAT 2023|
|Release of admission notification||To be notified |
|Start of CLAT 2022 online application form||To be notified |
|Last date to submit the application form||To be notified |
|Release of admit card||To be notified |
|CLAT 2023 exam date||18th December 2022|
|Release of provisional answer key||To be notified|
|Release of final answer key||To be notified|
|Declaration of results||To be notified|
|Commencement of counselling||To be notified |
Attempt a Mock Test now!
The offline-based examination was carried out on June 19, 2022, in 82 locations all over the country, with 147 examination centres. The CLAT 2023 exam will take place on December 18, 2022. CLAT test pattern 2023- the exam will last two hours, and students will be required to complete 150 objective-type problems (CLAT PG will contain 120 MCQs). The Consortium will offer the examination in a pen and paper format.
CLAT Exam 2023 Syllabus
The CLAT syllabus contains information about the kind of questions asked during the test. The syllabus comprises important books and subjects that applicants must thoroughly study to pass the CLAT test. Applicants must study for the next CLAT examination on several important topics, including:
|CLAT Sections||Important Topics|
- Grammar (fill in the blanks, correct the incorrect grammatical sentences, and so on.)
|Current Affairs including General Knowledge|
- Static GK (Culture & Art and History)
- Information of events happening internationally and nationally.
- Indian Constitution - Fundamental Rights, Duties, Judiciary, Parliament, Directive Principles of State Policy, Local governments
- Important amendments and provisions
- Important judgments
- Current legal affairs
- Seating arrangement
- Blood relations
- Logical sequences and matching
- Calendars and clocks
- Ratios and Proportions
- Basic Algebra
Attempt a Mock Test now!
CLAT Exam Pattern 2023
Applicants should also be familiar with the CLAT test pattern, which contains information such as the number and types of questions to be asked in the exam, the exam format, the marking scheme, the exam duration, and other pertinent information. It aids applicants in making well-informed selections about CLAT preparation. The exam pattern is detailed below for candidates.
|Particular||CLAT UG||CLAT PG|
|Mode||Offline, Pen and paper-based||Offline, Pen and paper-based|
|Duration||Two hours||Two hours|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice type questions from comprehension passages||Multiple choice type questions from comprehension passages|
|Number of questions||150|
Objective section - 120 questions
Descriptive section - N/A
Each question will carry one mark
Each incorrect answer will invite a penalty of 0.25 marks.
There will be one mark for each multiple-choice question.
For objections problems, each wrong response will result in a 0.25-point penalty.
Attempt a Mock Test now!
CLAT Admit Card
The Consortium of National Law Universities will release CLAT Admit card 2023 at least one week prior to the exam date. The admit card for the year 2023 will be available online. Candidates can download the admission card via the CLAT 2023 login page. It's a requirement for taking the Common Law Admission Test, expected to take place in the first week of May.
How to Download CLAT Admit card 2023?
Candidates must follow the processes outlined below to get an admission card from the CLAT main site.
- Visit the CLAT 2023 main site.
- In the notification box, click on the link to the admission card.
- Log in using your registration ID and password and select "Download Admit Card" from the drop-down menu.
- The website will present the CLAT 2023 admission card on the screen.
- The admission card for the examination may be downloaded and printed.
The CLAT Admit card 2023 will have the following information.
- Personal data - candidate's name, category, date of birth, parent/name, guardian's and communication address
- Photograph of the candidate in passport size
- CLAT 2023 examination date, time of examination, and reporting time
- The location of the examination centre
- Your roll number/admit card number will be utilised as a reference throughout the CLAT admission procedure.
- The candidate's choice of course name before enrolling for the test
- Instructions for the examination
The applicant can plan for the CLAT in advance by reviewing the exam dates. Candidates should note that the NLU Consortium maintains the right to alter a previously published timetable, such as postponing the CLAT 2023 test or extending the application deadline. As a result, students must keep track of the CLAT Exam date 2023 to stay informed.
1. What is the CLAT Exam date 2022?
The CLAT 2022 exam will take place on June 19, 2022.
2. When is the CLAT 2023 examination scheduled to take place?
On December 18, 2022, the CLAT 2023 test will be held.
3. When will the CLAT application form for 2023 become available?
The registrations and other information is not yet available in the official website, once it is live you will find CLAT 2023 section.
4. What topics should I focus on to prepare for CLAT UG?
To learn about the subjects you should study, consult the CLAT curriculum. The CLAT exam covers English, arithmetic, logical thinking, legal aptitude, current events, and general knowledge.
5. In CLAT 2023, what kinds of questions will be asked?
Applicants will be offered multiple-choice questions from comprehension chapters in the CLAT exam pattern 2023.