PNB Credit Officer Eligibility
Punjab National Bank (PNB) is hiring Credit Officers (Managers) for its various branches all over India. The bank has declared 200 vacancies for Credit Officers (Manager) posts for the year 2022. Out of these, one hundred are open to everyone, while the other one hundred are for people who qualify under a certain set of reserved categories.
The bank mentioned the eligibility requirements to appear for this lucrative bank position in its notification. We strongly advise all candidates to read the PNB Credit Officer Recruitment Notification carefully to ensure they meet all eligibility conditions before filling out the application form. To make things easier for our readers, we've included all relevant information about the PNB Credit Officer Eligibility, such as nationality, age limit, age relaxation, and educational qualification. Continue reading to learn everything about PNB Credit Officer Eligibility.
PNB Credit Officer Eligibility: Overview
PNB Credit Officer (Manager) candidates must be aware of the qualifying requirements to be considered for the recruitment process. They should check the PNB Credit Officer Eligibility before applying for these vacancies to ensure they meet the requirements of the PNB. The bank has clearly specified the age limit, age relaxation, educational qualification, and nationality requirements for Credit Officer positions in its notification issued on its official website.
Nationality or Citizenship
A candidate applying for the PNB Credit Officer positions must be either –
(a) an Indian Citizen, or
(b) a Bhutan Citizen, or
(c) a Nepal Citizen, or
(d) a Refugee of Tibet who came to India before 1st January 1962 to permanently settle in India, or
(e) an Indian origin person who shifted from Sri Lanka, Burma, Pakistan, East African countries of Uganda, Kenya, the United Republic of Zambia, Tanzania, Zaire, Ethiopia, Malawi, or Vietnam to permanently settle in India
- Candidates belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) & (e) above should possess a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
- Chartered Accountant from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
- Chartered Financial Analyst from CFA Institute (USA)
- Cost Management Accountant (CMA) from the Institute of Cost Accountants of India
- Graduation in any discipline with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks
*Institute should be recognized/approved by Govt. bodies, AICTE, or UGC, and the degree is taken through the full-time regular course, not through correspondence, part-time, or distance mode
- MBA Finance or PGDM Finance or Post Graduation in Finance
*Minimum 2 Years regular course with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks
*Institute must be recognized or approved by Govt. bodies, AICTE, or UGC, and degree is taken through the full-time regular course, not through correspondence, part-time, or distance mode
Certificate in Commercial Credit (CICC) - Moody's Analytics
Post Qualification Work Experience:
Minimum 1-year post-qualification working experience in Nationalized or Private Sector Bank, PSU, NBFC, Financial Institution, or as a Credit and Finance Officer in a Credit Rating Agency
*Wherever experience is necessary, it is post-qualification in the relevant subject and in the officer cadre (Experience below six months in any organization will not be considered).
Points to Note:
- The educational qualifications mentioned above are minimum. Candidates must possess the aforementioned qualifications or work experience as of the opening date of registration, i.e., 22nd April 2022. If invited for an interview, candidates must present their Mark Sheets, Provisional Certificate, or Degree Certificate issued by the university. The result of the prescribed qualification should have been declared before 22nd April 2022.
- Candidates must specify the percentage, CGPA, or OGPA scored in Graduation, Post Graduation degree, or Diploma, calculated to the nearest two decimal places in their online applications.
- The rounded off of the percentage is not permitted i.e., 59.99% will be viewed as less than 60% and 54.99% as less than 55%.
(As of 1st January 2022)
- Minimum Age: 25 years
- Maximum Age: 35 years
The bank gives upper age limit relaxation for the reserved category candidates under RBI regulations, which are as follows:
- Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST): 5 Years
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): 3 Years
- Persons With Benchmark Disabilities (PWBD): 10 Years
- Ex-Servicemen and Commissioned Officers, including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs) or Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have served at least five years in military services and have been released on completion of assignment (or whose assignment is about to be completed within a year of the last date of receipt of application) or discharged for misconduct, inefficiency, or physical disability: 5 years
- Family members or children of those killed in the 1984 riots: 3 Years
Points to Note:
- The maximum age limit mentioned above applies to both the General category and Economically Weaker Section (EWS) category candidates.
- The maximum age limit is cumulatively relaxed for candidates in the SC, ST, or OBC categories.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation must submit the necessary certificate(s) in original or copy at the time of the interview and at any stage of the recruitment process as required by the Bank. If they fail to do so, they will not be permitted to appear at the interview, and their candidacy may be rejected at any stage.
- SC, ST, OBC, EWS, or PWBD category candidates must submit their Caste or Category Certificate issued by the relevant authority as stipulated by the Government of India.
- OBC candidates should possess a valid OBC certificate, including a Non-creamy layer clause, according to the Government of India guidelines.
- Ex-Servicemen candidates must produce their discharge certificate or certificates issued by the competent authorities that their discharge is due on or before 21st April 2023 at the time of the interview or any stage of the recruitment process as required by the Bank. If they fail to do so, they will not be permitted to appear at the interview, and their candidacy may be rejected at any stage.
Q. What is the age limit to be eligible for PNB Credit Officer?
Ans: According to the PNB Credit Officer Eligibility criteria, the candidate has to be 25 to 35 years as of 1st January 2022.
Q. Is there any age relaxation for OBC candidates for PNB Credit Officer?
Ans: Yes, PNB bank gives three years' upper age limit relaxation to OBC candidates. However, they need to submit the proof of OBC Non-Creamy Layer certificate along with their application form to be eligible for this relaxation.