ECGC PO Eligibility Criteria 2023: Export Credit Guarantee Corporation or the ECGC is a prestigious organisation. They offer a golden opportunity to aspiring candidates to get associated with the organisation as a probationary officer. It lets the deserving candidate rise in the government sector and tread a lucrative career path ahead. However, to be eligible to sit for the ECGC PO examination, you need to meet the ECGC PO Eligibility criteria. The ECGC PO Eligibility 2023 is based on several factors, and the candidate should meet all the criteria to be eligible for the examination.
ECGC PO Eligibility Criteria 2023: Importance
Without satisfying all the ECGC PO Eligibility 2023 criteria, you will not be allowed to appear for the examination. Thus you should ensure to check the ECGC PO Eligibility 2023 before you fill up the application form on the official website. The eligibility criteria have been divided into age, educational qualification, nationality etc., and all the details are released on the official website. The candidates have to fulfil all these criteria to be eligible for the post. There is some relaxation for the reserved category candidates as per the centres policy. Those belonging to the physically disabled category will have to highlight it when filling up the form.
ECGC PO Eligibility Criteria 2023
Make sure to go through all the eligibility details before filling up the ECGC PO examination form. If you cannot provide evidence to support your eligibility, then your candidature will stand cancelled. Let us discuss each of the ECGC PO eligibility criteria in detail.
As per the ECGC PO eligibility 2023, all the candidates need to fulfil the basic age limit criteria as per their category. The age limit for the unreserved category is 21 to 30 years. This is as of 01.04.2023. Candidates should be born not earlier than 02.04.1993 and not later than 02.04.2002. Those who belong to the reserved category have some relaxation. However, they will have to submit the required documents to support their eligibility. Here is the age limit for the reserved category.
|Category||Minimum Age limit (Years)||Maximum Age Limit (Years)|
|EWS (Economically Weaker Section)||21||30|
|OBC(Other Backward Classes)||21||33|
|SC/ST (Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe)||21||35|
|PWD (Unreserved and Economically Weaker Section)||21||40|
|PWD OBC(Other Backward Classes)||21||40|
|PWD SC/ST (Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe)||21||40|
who have served at least 5 years in the military service
|Candidates affected by the 1984 Riots||21||35|
The candidates who are applying to the ECGC PO post need to meet the education eligibility criteria.
- All candidates should be a graduate from any Indian Government recognised college or university, and they can be a graduate in any stream.
- As per the official notifications, there are no minimum percentage marks to appear in the ECGC PO examination.
- All the candidate's educational qualifications should be from a recognised institution, university or a board that is recognised by the government of India or that which has been approved by the government regulatory bodies.
The candidates need to meet the domicile ECGC PO eligibility criteria, and all the applications need to abide by this rule. The candidate can be:
- An Indian citizen
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who arrived in India before 1st Jan 1962 with the intention of settling here permanently.
- An Indian citizen who has migrated to India permanently from countries like Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East Africa, Ethiopia, and Vietnam.
Physical Disability and Scribe Qualification
If a candidate has any kind of physical disability, then they should ensure that they follow these guidelines that are set by the examination authority. Here are the guidelines listed down.
- Only those who possess any benchmark disability will be eligible for reservation under this category.
- Candidates who have a disability like cerebral palsy, intellectual disability or those who are visually impaired have to have more than 40% disability to avail a scribe. These candidates will be given an additional time of 20 minutes to write the examination.
- The person acting as a scribe can be from any academic stream
- The scribe cannot be someone who is sitting for this online examination
- The candidate will have to bear the cost of the scribe
- The scribe needs to fill out a self-declaration form that is released by the company and submit it duly on the day of the examination
There is no notification released on the maximum number of attempts to sit for the ECGC PO examination as per the ECGC PO eligibility 2023. The candidate thus can appear for the exam for as long as they meet the age criteria.
Make sure that you meet all the ECGC PO eligibility criteria before you apply to the ECGC exam. Keep a tab of the official website to get the latest update about the ECGC PO eligibly 2023. If you meet all the parameters, then go ahead and fill up the form. However, make sure to cross-check the details again and again because if you miss a single eligibility criterion stated by the official authorities, then your candidature will stand rejected.