Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission Provincial Civil Services had invited the application. The exams are tentative to be held this year. The Commission has announced the recruitment for 400 vacancies for the Combined State/ Upper Subordinate Services Examination.
The Commission has proposed to hold a Preliminary Examination to select the candidates for admission to Combined State/ Upper Subordinate Services Main (Written) Examination 2021 in various Districts of the State. The final selection of the candidates will be based on the scores obtained in Mains(Written) Exams and their performance in the Interview. The Commission will intimate the dates of the examination and exam center to the candidates through their e-Admission Certificate. This article will look into the UPPSC PCS Syllabus.
UPPSC PCS Syllabus
UPPSC PCS Prelims Examination Syllabus 2021:
Paper- 1 General Studies:
- Current events of national and international importance.
- Indian History- Understanding of social, economic, and political aspects of Indian History.
- Indian National Movement- Synoptic View of Nature and character of the freedom movement, attainment of independence, and nationalism growth
- Indian and World Geography- Physical, Social, and Economic Geography of India
- Indian Politics and governance- Test knowledge of the Community development, Panchayati raj system, its benefits, Economic policy adopted by India and Indian Culture.
- Economic and Social Development- Problems due to population, its relationship with Environment, Urbanisation, Bio-diversity, General Issues on Environmental ecology, Climatic changes occurring.
- General Issues on environment ecology-
- General Science- Routine observations required in life, experiences and knowledge expected from a well-educated person.
Paper-II General Studies- II:
This paper will include in-depth knowledge of the following sections:
- Interpersonal skills, including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Elementary Mathematics up to Class X level- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, and Statistics
- General English up to Class X level
- General Hindi up to class X level.
Elementary Mathematics Syllabus (up to X class level):
Various Concepts of Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, and Statistics are included in the syllabus
General English up to Class X level:
- Active Voice and Passive Voice
- Parts of Speech
- Transformation of Sentences
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Punctuation and Spellings
- Vocabulary and Usage
- Words meaning
- Idioms and Phrases
- Fill in the blanks
General Hindi syllabus
The topics mentioned are included in the syllabus, such as
- sentence formation, word formation,
- verb form
- and many others.
UPPSC PCS Mains Written Examination Syllabus 2021: List of Subjects
I- General Hindi:
The question paper of the Essay will be divided into three sections. The candidates will be required to select one topic from each section and write 700 words on the selected topics.
Topics of Essay will be based on:
- Literature and Culture
- Social sphere
- Political Sphere.
- Science, Environment, and Technology
- Economic Sphere
- Agriculture, Industry, and Trade
- National and International Events
- Natural Calamities, Land Slide, Earthquake, Deluge, Drought, and many more
- National development programmes and projects.
III- General Studies
General Studies-1 covers various topics related to human history, world history, and geographical knowledge of Uttar Pradesh. It also includes topics from Indian History such as freedom struggle, post-independence, Indian Economic Policy, 1991, and many others.
General Studies Paper-2 covers Indian History with knowledge of Policies, the Indian Constitution, and much more. The detailed coverage of the topics by the subject are provided below:
It includes more topics from General Awareness of Information Technology, Environmental development, Financial Systems, Laws, and regulations.
Topics such as Ethics and human interface, attitude, Emotional Intelligence, Probity in Governance, tec are included in this paper.
The commission provides a list of the 34 optional subjects from which the candidate can select. They are:
- Agriculture & Veterinary Science
- Defence Studies
- Political Science & International Relations
- Social Work
- Agricultural Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Urdu Literature
- Arabic Literature
- Hindi Literature
- Persian Literature
- Sanskrit Literature
- English Literature
- Civil Engineering
- Medical Science
- Commerce & Accountancy
- Public Administration
- Electrical Engineering
- Animal Husbandry