TNUSRB conducts recruitment of personnel for the uniformed departments like Police, Prison, and Fire service. The Notification for TNUSRB SI 2022 ( (Taluk, AR, TSP) has been released on 8 March 2022. The last date to apply is 7 April 2022. A total of 444 vacancies have been announced and the exam will be conducted in June 2022. Read further to know all relevant details of the TNUSRB SI 2022 Notification.
Attempt a Free Mock Test
TNUSRB SI 2022 Exam: Overview
The table given below gives a brief overview of the TNUSRB SI 2022 Exam
|Name of Exam||Tamil Nadu Sub-Inspector Exam|
|Exam Conducting Body||Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board (TNUSRB)|
|Exam Level||Tamil Nadu|
|Language of Exam||English and Tamil|
|Periodicity||Once a Year|
|Selection Process||3 (Written examination, PMT/PET/ET, Viva-voce)|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||044 - 40016200|
TNUSRB SI 2022 - Notification
The TNUSRB SI 2022 notification has been released on 8 March 2022. The number of vacancies and exam date were announced along with the notification. A total of 444 vacancies have been announced and the exam will be conducted on 25th and 26th June. The last date to apply is 7 April 2022. Candidates can get themselves registered by filing the application form and paying the one-time registration fees.
Check Official Notification here.
TNUSRB SI 2022 - Important Dates
The following table shows the important dates relevant to the TNUSRB SI 2022
|TNUSRB SI 2022 Events||Important Dates|
|TN SI Notification 2022 Release Date||8 March 2022|
|Start Date to Apply for TN SI 2022||8 March 2022|
|Last Date to Apply for TN SI 2022||7 April 2022|
|TN SI 2022 Exam Date- Written Exam||25 June 2022 & 26 June 2022|
|TN SI 2022 Written Exam Result Date||To be announced|
|TN SI 2022 - Physical Endurance Test Date||To be announced|
|TN SI 2022 - Viva Voce Date||To be announced|
|Declaration of Final Result||To be announced|
TNUSRB SI 2022 - Eligibility Criteria
Check the qualifying criteria for the Tamil Nadu Sub-Inspector Exam below to see if you are eligible to apply for the Exam. To avoid having their Tamil Nadu Sub-Inspector application cancelled later, candidates must meet the following TNUSRB SI 2022 eligibility requirements:
The applicants should have attained the age of 20 years and should not be aged above 30 years as of 1st July of the Notification year. The upper age limit relaxation given to certain categories is as follows:-
|Category||Upper age limit|
|Backward Class, Backward Class (Muslim), Most Backward Class/Denotified Community.||32 yrs|
|Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyar), Scheduled Tribe.||35 yrs|
|Destitute Widow||37 yrs|
|Ex-servicemen/Ex-personnel of Central Para-Military Forces (Discharged from service within 3 years from the date of notification / Serving persons who are going to retire within one year from the last date of receipt of application.||47 yrs|
|Departmental candidates appearing for departmental quota examination||47 yrs|
Candidates should have a Bachelor's Degree from any University recognised by UGC / Government on the date of Notification.
For more details check: TN SI Exam Pattern, TN SI Syllabus, TN SI Vacancy, TN SI Eligibility Criteria
Attempt a Free Mock Test
TNUSRB SI 2022 - Application Form
The application for TNUSRB SI 2022 was active from 8 March 2022 to 7 April 2022.
A step-by-step guide to filling out the TNUSRB SI 2022 Application Form :
- Visit the TNUSRB login/ official website page.
- Go to the Notification or Careers tab on the Homepage.
- Click on the TNUSRB Recruitment notification 2022 and register yourself.
- Login, choose the post you wish to apply for and then fill in the form with the necessary details.
- Upload all necessary (Personal information, education) documents as required.
- Pay the application fees
- Finally, double-check the information and save a copy of the form.
- Download it for future reference.
Some important points to remember at the time of application:
- Candidates need to be careful while filling out the application form as no changes can be made afterward.
- Candidates need not send the application form to the concerned department. They can keep the form for their future use.
- Candidates can check their application status, whether accepted or not, by login with the registration username and Password.
TNUSRB SI 2022 - Application Fee
The fee structure for the TNUSRB SI online application is listed below. Fee/Intimation charges cannot be reimbursed or retained in reserve for any other examination or selection after they have been paid. The application fee has to be paid in full online. The examination fee can be paid online through credit/ debit card or netbanking or offline (State Bank of India cash challan).
|For Unreserved candidates||Rs 1000/-|
|For Police Departmental candidates||Rs 500/-|
TNUSRB SI 2022 Vacancy
TNUSRB SI 2022 vacancy was announced along with the Notification. A total of 444 vacancies have been announced.
|Name of the Post||Name of the Service||General/ Men ||Women/ Transgenders||Total|
|Sub-Inspectors of Police (Taluk)||Tamil Nadu Police Subordinate Service ||279||120||399|
|Sub-Inspectors of Police (AR)||Tamil Nadu Police Subordinate Service ||32||13||45|
TNUSRB SI 2022 – Admit Card
The admit card for the exam will be issued by the conducting body on its website a minimum of 2 weeks before the exam. Following is the procedure to download the admit card
How to download TNUSRB SI 2022 Admit Card
- Visit the tnusrb.tn.gov.in official website.
- Look for the Recruitment section.
- Click on the ‘Download admit card' link for the relevant exam.
- Enter your TNUSRB User ID and password and click on the Login button.
- You will soon see the Tamil Nadu Sub-Inspector Exam 2022 admit card on the screen.
- Check the details on the admit card and download a soft copy
- Take a printout for future reference
Attempt a Free Mock Test
Stages of Recruitment
|Stages||Open Quota Examination||Departmental Quota Examination|| |
|Written Test||Part – I. Tamil eligibility Test Objective type paper of 100 marks||Part – I. Tamil eligibility Test Objective type paper of 100 marks|| |
|Written Test||Part – II. General knowledge & Psychology test. Objective type paper of 70 marks ||Part – II. General knowledge, Psychology, Law, and Police Administration test. Objective type paper of 85 marks || |
|Certificate Verification and Physical Tests. ||Physical Measurement Test (PMT) and Endurance Test (ET) are qualifying in nature. Physical Efficiency Test (PET) - it has a maximum of 15 marks ||Exempted from PMT and PET. Endurance Test (ET) is qualifying in nature. || |
|Viva-voce ||10 Marks||10 Marks|| |
|Special Marks||5 marks (for NCC/NSS/Sports)||5 marks (for Medals in National Police Duty Meet)|| |
|TOTAL||100 marks||100 marks|| |
TNUSRB SI 2022 - Written Exam Syllabus
The Syllabus for TNUSRB SI Syllabus for Open and Departmental Candidates is as follows :
A. General Knowledge – Both for Open and Departmental Candidates
- GENERAL SCIENCE: It will cover general appreciation and understanding of science including matters of everyday observations and experience as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made any special study of any scientific discipline. The questions shall be from topics- in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology viz. Scientific Instruments, Inventions, and Discoveries. Scientists and their contributions, Human Physiology, Diseases, and their cause, cure and prevention, Diet and Balanced diet, Human Genetics, Animals, Mammals and Birds, Environment and Ecology, Elements and Compounds. Acids, Bases, and Salts and allied subjects, Motion, Newton's Laws of motion – Properties of Matter, Electricity, National Laboratories, and other related topics. All these topics will be of basic nature.
- HISTORY OF INDIA: Dates and events of Indian History from Indus Valley Civilisation to the present day Indian modern administration.
- GEOGRAPHY: Regions of India, Weather, Monsoon and Climate, Rainfall, Natural Calamities, Crops, Crops pattern, Indian Towns and Places, Hill Stations, National Parks, Major Ports, Minerals, Location of Major Industries, Forests and Wildlife, Population distribution in India and other related topics.
- ECONOMICS AND COMMERCE: Agriculture, Major crops and crop pattern in India, Industrial Development, Major, Medium, Small Scale and Cottage Industries of Tamil Nadu Village and Rural Development in India. Housing, Drinking water, and other development schemes – price policy, inflation, population and unemployment problems, imports and exports Industrial development and 5-year planning.
- INDIAN POLITY: Indian Constitution, Salient Features, Citizenship, Elections, Parliament and State legislature, Executive, States, Judiciary system, Local SelfGovernments, Centre-State Relations, Language Policy, and Foreign Policy.
- CURRENT EVENTS: Latest development in Science and technology, political developments in India, new developments in Trade, Transport and communication, historical events. Fine Arts like dance, drama, films, painting, major literary works, Games and Sports, National, International awards, National and International organizations, Abbreviations, Who is Who, Books and Authors, General Technology, India and its Neighbours, present-day India and other related topics. Arts, Literature, Culture of India and Tamil Nadu.
Psychology – Both for Open and Departmental Candidates
- LOGICAL ANALYSIS: Analysis of any information logically to find out various dimensions of the information.
- NUMERICAL ANALYSIS: Quick response with regard to numerical ability will be tested.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Effective usage of languages will be tested.
- INFORMATION HANDLING ABILITY: For any given information, the various aspects of the information, the inferences, and connected facts will be tested.
- MENTAL ABILITY TEST: These tests are meant to verify the candidate's capability to draw conclusions through, inductive or deductive reasoning. It will include elementary problems from school mathematics.
In addition to the above, the Departmental Quota candidates will have questions on the following police subjects in Part-II
- POLICE STANDING ORDER (PSO): The provisions of PSO and its application at various points during its functioning will be tests.
- POLICE ADMINISTRATION: General rules with regard to the day-to-day administration of the department will be tested.
- CrPC., IPC., EVIDENCE ACT: The basic knowledge and day-to-day usage in the Police Station and in cases that are handled in the Courts.
TNUSRB SI 2022 – Result
Steps to check TNUSRB SI exam final result
- Visit the TNUSRB website tnusrbonline.org
- Click on the ‘Final Provisional Selection List' link on the website
- The merit list is displayed in pdf form.
- Download and check the result using your roll number.