RBI Grade B Notification
RBI Grade B Application Date Extension Notice was out on 6th June 2023! The candidates could apply till 16th June 2023 instead of 9th June 2023. RBI Grade B Detailed Notification was out on 9th May 2023 and the short notice was out on 26th April 2023 in newspapers. The Reserve Bank of India announces vacancies for direct recruitment every year for the posts of officers in Grade B (DR) (GENERAL), officers in Grade B (DR) (DEPR), and officers in Grade B (DR) (DSIM).
RBI Grade B Notification Overview 2023
RBI Grade B 2023 Detailed Notification was out on 9th May 2023 on the official website of RBI and the short notice was out as a newspaper advertisement on 26th April 2023. You can check all the details about the RBI Grade B notification here on our page. A total of 291 vacancies had been released which are further divided into 3 posts. The candidates will be able to apply online from 9th May 2023 to 16th June 2023 (6:00 PM). Phase 1 exam for General was conducted on 9th July 2023 and for the other two posts, it was conducted on 16th July 2023.
Download RBI Grade B 2023 Short Notification
RBI Grade B 2023 Notification PDF
The 2023 Detailed Notification PDF had been uploaded on 9th May 2023 on the official website. Below we have shared the link to download the detailed notification, check it out.
Download RBI Grade B 2023 Detailed Notification
You can also attempt RBI Grade B Mock Tests to enhance your preparation.
RBI Grade B Vacancy 2023
Here are the number of vacancies for the RBI Grade B officers for the 2023 notification:
|Post Name ||Expected Number of Vacancies |
|RBI Gr. B Officer (DR) – General ||222|
|RBI Gr. B Officer (DR) – DEPR ||38|
|RBI Gr. B Officer (DR) – DSIM||31|
Category-Wise RBI Grade B Vacancy Details (Previous Year)
The category-wise distribution of the vacancies will be notified in the detailed notification.
|Officers in Grade B (DR) - General||109||25||17||49||22||222|
|Officers in Grade B (DR) - DEPR||14||4||6(4)||11||3||38|
|Officers in Grade B (DR) - DSIM||9||8(5)||5(5)||6||3||31|
RBI Grade B Online Application 2023
Here are the dates for the online application for the RBI Grade B 2023 exam:
|Commencement of online registration of application||9th May 2023|
|Closure of registration of application||16th June 2023 (6:00 PM)|
|Closure for editing application details||16th June 2023 (6:00 PM)|
|Last date for printing your application||9th July 2023|
|Online Fee Payment||9th May to 16th June 2023|
You will have to fill up the online application form to be able to take the exam.
RBI Grade B Application Form
The RBI Grade B application form has five sections. Filling up the RBI Grade B officer application form involves the following steps-
Prerequisites for Applying Online
- Scanned Passport size Photograph (as per given guidelines)
- Scanned copy of Signature
- Documents related to address proof, educational qualification, etc.
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges
- Rs 850-/ General/OBC/EWS
- Rs 100-/ SC/ST/PWD
- No application fee for the RBI Staff
Steps to Apply Online for the RBI Grade B Exam
- Step 1: Visit the RBI official page.
- Step 2: Click on the notification that says ‘RBI Grade B Officer Application Form Released'. You will be redirected to a new page for online registration.
- Step 3: Select ‘Click Here for New Registration'.
- Step 4: Fill in the requested basic details - Name, Address, Age, Contact Number Email ID etc. After you have entered all the details click on Save and Next. After the completion of the registration process, a registration number and a password will be displayed on the screen. Candidates are requested to save/note down the password and registration number for future use.
- Step 5: Upload the photograph and signature (as per the instructions specified in the notification pdf).
- Step 6: Enter details of his/her educational background - qualifications (High school/Graduation etc), marks/grade (as per the mark sheet), and work experience (if any).
- Step 7: Validate all the information/details uploaded in the form. Candidates are required to carefully preview the application form and check for any errors. This is crucial because you will not be allowed to make further changes once you click on the submit button.
- Step 8: Click on the ‘Save' button.
- Step 9: Fees payment of application form. The payment has to be made online through net banking/debit card/credit card. Your application form will be considered ‘submitted' only after the payment of the application fee.
The candidate will receive an email or a text message as a notification alert upon successful submission of the application form. Get a printout of the payment details and application form. Candidates can download RBI Grade B admit cards/hall tickets 10 days prior to the scheduled preliminary exam date.
RBI Grade B Eligibility Criteria 2023
Candidates, who will apply for the RBI Grade B 2023 exam must ensure that they fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria as specified by RBI in their advertisement.
RBI Grade B Age Limit
The minimum age to apply for the RBI Grade B officer exam is 21 years. You should have completed 21 years of age as of the 1st of May 2023.
The maximum age to apply for the RBI Grade B officer exam is 30 years of age. This means you should not be 30 years of age. As per the RBI Grade B 2023 notification pdf, He/she must have been born not earlier than May 02, 1993, and not later than May 01, 2002.
RBI Grade B Category-Wise Age Relaxations 2023
The upper age limit extension for RBI Grade B exam aspirants is as mentioned below:
- For SC/ST Candidates: 5 years
- For OBC Candidates: 3 years
- For candidates having experience as an officer in Scheduled Commercial Banks, Public Sector Insurance Companies and All India Financial Institutions (AIFI) namely Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank), National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), National Housing Bank (NHB) and Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), as also prior experience in Reserve Bank of India, the upper age limit is relaxed to the extent of the number of completed years of such experience subject to a maximum of three years. For such candidates, the upper age limit should not exceed 33 years including experience. For experience, the probationary period will not be reckoned.
- Ex-employees of banking institutions whose services had to be terminated for reasons of economy or because of the bank going into liquidation and personnel retrenched from Government Offices after at least one year's service and currently registered with Employment Exchange: 5 years
- Candidates who had been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the 1st January 1980 to the 31st day of December 1989: 5 years
- Ex-servicemen: 5 years
- ECOs/SSCOs: 5 years
- Persons with disabilities: 10 years
RBI Grade B Education Qualification
For RBI Grade B (DR) - (General)
Graduation in any discipline /Equivalent technical or professional qualification with minimum 60% marks (50% for SC/ST/PwBD applicants) or PostGraduation in any discipline / Equivalent technical or professional qualification with minimum 55% marks (pass marks for SC/ST/PwBD applicants) in the aggregate of all semesters/years.
Any such course from a recognized University / Institute that is taken after Class XII and is at least of 3 years duration/ candidates possessing professional or technical qualifications which are recognized by the Government as equivalent to professional or technical graduation will be eligible for admission to the examination, subject to obtaining minimum marks prescribed above.
Any such course from a recognized University / Institute that is taken after Graduation and is at least of 2 years duration / recognized by the Government as equivalent to professional or technical Post-graduation will be eligible for admission to the examination, subject to obtaining minimum marks prescribed above.
For Officers in Grade ‘B' (DR)–DEPR
A Master's Degree in Economics / Econometrics / Quantitative Economics / Mathematical Economics / Integrated Economics Course/ Finance, with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters /years from a recognized Indian or Foreign University /Institute; OR PGDM/ MBA Finance with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters /years from a recognized Indian or Foreign University /Institute; OR Master's Degree in Economics in any of the sub-categories of economics i.e. agricultural/ business/ developmental/ applied, etc., with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters /years from a recognized Indian or Foreign University /Institute.
For Officers in Grade ‘B' (DR)–DSIM
Master's Degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Mathematical Economics/ Econometrics/ Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Kharagpur/ Applied Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Bombay with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade (aggregate of all semesters/years) OR Master's Degree in Mathematics with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters/years and a one-year postgraduate diploma in Statistics or related subjects from a reputed Institute OR M. Stat. Degree of Indian Statistical Institute with a minimum of 55% marks (aggregate of all semesters/years) OR Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) jointly offered by ISI Kolkata, IIT Kharagpur, and IIM Calcutta with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters/years.
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern
RBI Grade B Scheme of Selection
Phase 1 (Prelims)
Phase 2 (Mains)
Phase 2 - Interview
RBI Grade B Phase 1 Exam Pattern (Prelims)
The RBI Grade B Prelims exam consists of 4 sections: Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Language. The detailed exam pattern in a tabular format is presented below.
|General Awareness||80||80||25 minutes|
|English Language||30||30||25 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||30||30||25 minutes|
RBI Grade B Exam Negative Marking
There is a negative marking in the RBI Grade B Phase 1 exam. 1/4th of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted for every wrong/incorrect answer.
RBI Grade B Phase 2 Exam Pattern
The RBI Grade B Mains exam consists of three papers: Paper 1, Paper 2, and Paper 3. Paper 1 and 3 are a combination of both objective and descriptive questions, while Paper 2 is completely descriptive in nature. The detailed format is presented below in a tabular format.
For the General Posts
|Papers||Type of test||Total Marks||Duration|
|Paper 1 - Economic and Social Issues|
50% Objective Test (30 objective questions)
50% Descriptive Test
(6 descriptive questions out of which 4 need to be answered)
|Paper 2 - English (Writing Skills)||Descriptive Test||100 marks||90 mins|
|Paper 3 - Finance and Management|
50% Objective Test (30 objective questions)
50% Descriptive Test
(6 descriptive questions out of which 4 need to be answered)
RBI Grade B Interview
Candidates will be shortlisted for the interview, based on the aggregate of marks obtained in Phase 2 (Paper 1 + Paper 2 + Paper 3). The minimum aggregate cut-off marks for being shortlisted for an interview will be decided by the Board in relation to the number of vacancies. Roll No. of the candidates shortlisted for interview will be published on the RBI website at an appropriate time and interview call letters will be sent to the registered email ID.
The interview will comprise 75 marks.
The candidate shall be required to undergo Psychometric Test conducted by the Bank before appearing for the Interview.
No marks will be allotted for the same and this will not form part of the final selection criteria. Candidates may opt for an interview either in Hindi or English.
Final Selection will be through a merit list which will be prepared by adding marks secured by candidates in the Phase 2 examination and interview and grace marks as applicable as per extant rules.
RBI Grade B Syllabus
Check out the detailed RBI Grade B Syllabus here:
RBI Grade B Phase 1 Syllabus
Phase 1 consists of various subjects. The distribution of the syllabus subject wise is given below:
RBI Grade B Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
Data Interpretation, Quantity Based Questions (Q1, Q2, Q3, etc), Data Sufficiency, Simplification, Approximation, Quadratic Inequalities, Number Series (missing and wrong no. series).
Important Arithmetic Topics: Partnership, Average, Ages, Profit & Loss, Time & Work, Speed-Time-Distance, Boat & Stream, Trains, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion.
RBI Grade B Reasoning Syllabus
Alphanumeric Series, Order, and Ranking, Direction Sense, Alphabet Test, Data Sufficiency, Inequalities, Seating Arrangement, Puzzle, Syllogism, Blood Relations, Input-Output, Coding-Decoding, and Logical Reasoning.
RBI Grade B English Language Syllabus
Cloze Test, Fillers, Spotting the Errors, Para Jumbles, New Pattern Questions, Idioms and Phrases, Word Rearrangement, Column Based Questions, Sentence Improvement, Paragraph Completion, Grammar, Reading Comprehension.
RBI Grade B General Awareness Syllabus
- Daily News (for Phase 1 & 2)
- Static GK (for Phase 1)
- Economic Survey (for Phase 1 & 2)
- Union Budget (for Phase 1 & 2)
- Census 2011 (for Phase 1 & 2)
- SECC 2011 (for Phase 1 & 2)
- Important RBI Notifications, Circulars, Reports (for Phase 2 – high priority, Phase 1 – fewer chances)
- Government Schemes (Union & State Govt schemes, Phase 1 & 2)
General Awareness – Specific Topics for Current Affairs
- Awards/Film Festivals
- International News/India's initiative with other countries
- Miscellaneous - Ports/Industrial Parks, museums, Power plants, nuclear plants, any missile launch etc
- Banking Terminology
- Headquarters of Banks
- Economic and Financial news (like news related to Monetary Policy; Important Guidelines)
- Census Data
- Socio-Economic Caste Census
- Union Budget
- Economic Survey
Topics that are marked in bold are specific to Phase 1.
General Awareness – Specific Topics for Static GK
- National Parks / Sanctuaries
- Places of Importance like World Heritage Sites/Lakes/Rivers/Mountains/Temples
- National and International Days/Themes
RBI Grade B Phase 2 Syllabus
Check out the syllabus as per RBI Grade B Notification.
RBI Grade B Economic and Social Issues (ESI) Syllabus
a) Growth and Development: Measurement of growth: National Income and per capita income – Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India – Sustainable Development and Environmental issues.
b) Indian Economy: Economic History of India - Changes in Industrial and Labour Policy, Monetary and Fiscal Policy since reforms of 1991 – Priorities and recommendations of Economic Survey and Union Budget – Indian Money and Financial Markets: Linkages with the economy – Role of Indian banks and Reserve Bank in the development process - Public Finance - Political Economy - Industrial Developments in India- Indian Agriculture - Services sector in India.
c) Globalization: Opening up of the Indian Economy – Balance of Payments, Export-Import Policy – International Economic Institutions – IMF and World Bank – WTO – Regional Economic Cooperation; International Economic Issues.
d) Social Structure in India: Multiculturalism – Demographic Trends – Urbanisation and Migration – Gender Issues – Social Justice:
RBI Grade B Descriptive English Syllabus
The paper on English shall be framed in a manner to assess the writing skills including expression and understanding of the topic, Essay writing, Letter writing, Precis, etc.
RBI Grade B Finance and Management Syllabus
a) Financial System
1.Structure and Functions of Financial Institutions
- Functions of the Reserve Bank of India
- Banking System in India – Structure and Developments, Financial Institutions – SIDBI, EXIM Bank, NABARD, NHB, NaBFID, etc.
- Recent Developments in Global Financial System and its Impact on Indian Financial System
- Role of Information Technology in Banking and Finance
- Non-Banking System
- Developments in Digital Payments
b) Financial Markets
Primary and Secondary Markets (Forex, Money, Bond, Equity, etc.), functions, instruments, and recent developments.
c) General Topics
- Financial Risk Management
- Basics of Derivatives
- Global financial markets and International Banking – broad trends and latest developments
- Financial Inclusion
- Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit, Public-Private Partnership
- Corporate Governance in Banking Sector
- The Union Budget – Concepts, approach, and broad trends
- Basics of Accounting and Financial Statements - Balance Sheet, Profit, and Loss, Cash Flow Statements, Ratio Analysis (such as Debt to Equity, Debtor Days, Creditor Days, Inventory Turnover, Return on Assets, Return on Equity, etc.)
- Inflation: Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies (control): WPI- CPI - components and trends; striking a balance between inflation and growth through monetary and fiscal policies.
Fundamentals of Management & Organizational Behaviour: Introduction to management; Evolution of management thought: Scientific, Administrative, Human Relations and Systems approach to management; Management functions and Managerial roles; Nudge theory.
Meaning & concept of organizational behavior; Personality: meaning, factors affecting personality, Big five model of personality; the concept of reinforcement; Perception: concept, perceptual errors.
Motivation: Concept, importance, Content theories (Maslow's need theory, Alderfers' ERG theory, McCllelands' theory of needs, Herzberg's two-factor theory) & Process theories (Adams equity theory, Vroom's expectancy theory).
Leadership: Concept, Theories (Trait, Behavioural, Contingency, Charismatic, Transactional, and Transformational Leadership; Emotional Intelligence: Concept, Importance, Dimensions. Analysis of Interpersonal Relationship: Transactional Analysis, Johari Window; Conflict: Concept, Sources, Types, Management of Conflict; Organizational Change: Concept, Kurt Lewin Theory of Change; Organizational Development (OD): Organisational Change, Strategies for Change, Theories of Planned Change (Lewin's change model, Action research model, Positive model).
Ethics at the Workplace and Corporate Governance: Meaning of ethics, why ethical problems occur in business. Theories of ethics: Utilitarianism: weighing social cost and benefits, rights, and duties, Justice and fairness, ethics of care, integrating utility, rights, justice and caring, An alternative to moral principles: virtue ethics, teleological theories, egoism theory, relativism theory, Moral issues in business: Ethics in Compliance, Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, etc. Ethical Principles in Business: introduction, Organization Structure and Ethics, Role of Board of Directors, Best Practices in Ethics Programme, Code of Ethics, Code of Conduct, etc.
Corporate Governance: Factors affecting Corporate Governance; Mechanisms of Corporate Governance.
Communication: Steps in the Communication Process; Communication Channels; Oral versus Written Communication; Verbal versus non-verbal Communication; upward, downward and lateral communication; Barriers to Communication, Role of Information Technology.
RBI Grade B Salary
We have tabulated the RBI Grade B officer's monthly salary here. Please take a look.
As per the recent salary revision in the RBI Grade B salary, the basic pay has become Rs 55,200/- per month on the scale of Rs. 55200 - 2850 (9) - 80850 - EB - 2850 (2) - 86550 - 3300 (4) - 99750 (16 years) and the gross monthly emoluments will stand at Rs 1.08 Lakhs approximately.
RBI Grade B Salary Structure
|RBI Grade B Officer's Basic Pay ||Rs 55,200/- p.m.|
|Payscale for an RBI Grade B Officer||Rs. 55200 - 2850 (9) - 80850 - EB - 2850 (2) - 86550 - 3300 (4) - 99750 (16 years)|
|RBI Grade B Salary – Allowances Given||i. Dearness Allowance,|
ii. Local allowance,
iii. House Rent Allowance,
iv. Family allowance and
v. Grade Allowance
|The gross monthly emoluments for an RBI Grade B Officer||Rs 1.08 Lakhs approximately. |
Although the RBI Grade B officer's basic pay is Rs 55, 200 per month and the gross monthly emoluments are Rs, 1.08 Lakhs but they keep getting other perks and allowances in different forms taking their gross pay to Rs 2 lakhs per month.
RBI Grade B Admit Card 2023- Download Links
RBI had released the RBI Grade B Admit Card along with the information handout. Aspirants taking the RBI Grade B exam on the specified date can use the direct link that will be given below to download their admit cards.
Direct Link to Download RBI Grade B Admit Card
Download RBI Grade B Information Handouts
|Commencement of Call letter Download||29th June 2023|
|Closure of Call letter Download||9th July 2023|
Candidates should visit the official RBI website for downloading call letters for RBI Grade B online examination. Intimation for downloading call letters will also be sent through email/SMS.
The candidate was required to use:
(i) Registration Number/Roll Number,
(ii) Password/Date of Birth for downloading the call letter.
You can refer to the RBI Grade B previous year's cut-off marks here.
Also, check out the below given related links