CAT 2024 Application Form
The Indian Institute of Management released CAT 2024 notification on the official website www.iimcat.ac.in on July 2024. The application form is available after the release of the official notification. Candidates who are willing to register online for the CAT 2024 must be aware of the application process. The online application link for CAT 2024 will be started. In this section, we will brief you about the CAT 2024 Application form and provide you with the detailed procedure to apply online.
CAT 2024 Application Form – Overview
The Common Admission Test (CAT) is an annual online exam conducted by The Indian Institute of Management. It is used for admission to various management programs. The exam consists of three sections: Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Ability. It has 66 questions to be answered in 120 minutes. The medium of the exam is English, and it includes both Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Type-in-the-Answer (TITA) questions. The official website for CAT is www.iimcat.ac.in. Eligibility requires graduation with 50% aggregate (45% for SC/ST candidates). Exam registration is done online. The exam fees are INR 2,400 for General candidates and INR 1,200 for reserved category candidates.
|Exam Name||Common Admission Test (CAT)|
|Conducting Body||The Indian Institute of Management (IIM)|
|CAT exam fees||INR 2,400 (General) and INR 1,200 (Reserved category)|
|Eligibility criteria||Graduation with 50% aggregate and 45% for SC/ST students|
|No. of Questions||66|
|Time Allotted||120 minutes|
|Types of Questions||MCQs and TITA (Type in the Answer)|
|Sections in the Exam||3 Sections: VARC, DILR, and QA|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|CAT syllabus||1. Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)|
2. Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
3. Quantitative Ability (QA)
Attempt Free CAT Mock Test 2024
CAT 2024 Application Form – Direct Link to Apply Online
The exam notification is expected to be released on July 2024. The CAT 2024 registration starts from August to September 2024 and the link will be shared below once its released.
CAT 2024 Application Form – Apply Link (Inactive Link)
CAT 2024 Application Process
The following steps are involved in the CAT application process. Candidates should follow these steps to register for CAT 2024
- Go to the official website of CAT
- Register as the ‘New Candidate Registration. (The link will be active till the last date of application)
- Fill in basic details like your name, email id, contact number, DOB, etc.
- After successful registration, log in again to the website to complete the application.
- Fill in the necessary details like academic qualifications etc
- Upload passport-size photograph and signature (size less than 80 kb each).
- Upload other supporting documents like caste certificate for (OBC-NCL, SC, ST) and PWD/DA certificate, if applicable.
- Select the test centre from the drop-down list. (Max 4 centres can be chosen)
- Pay the application fees using any of the following payment methods: Credit card/debit card/DD etc.
- Once you are registered, you will receive a confirmation email on your registered email id. You can take a printout of the application form and keep it for your future reference.
Attempt Free CAT Mock Test 2024
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges
- ₹1100 for SC, ST, and PwD candidates.
- ₹2200 for all other candidates.
Please note that a candidate needs to pay the registration fee only once, irrespective of the number of institutes he/she is applying for. SC, ST, and PwD candidates must upload a copy of their SC/ST/PwD certificates at the time of registration. Fees once paid cannot be refunded under any circumstances.