The CAIIB Exam is short for Certified associate of Indian Institute of bankers. Indian Institute of Banking & Finance conducts it. CAIIB is a highly esteemed certification exam for a banker. This exam enhances the candidate's increments, incentives and salaries. It certifies the candidate with advanced knowledge and better decision-making capabilities in Treasury Management, Risk Management, Balance Sheet Management, Credit Management, Economic Analysis, International Banking etc. To clear the exam, candidates must learn how the CAIIB Cutoff works as it does not vary every year and remains the same. CAIIB Cutoff is explained here in detail.
There are many advantages of the CAIIB Exam. It enables bankers to grow professionally in understanding the numerous advanced bank processes, increased remuneration and career advancement. The candidate needs to clear the CAIIB Cutoff to attain this accreditation. It is not very easy to clear the CAIIB Cutoff as it is a premium exam, and thus the CAIIB Syllabus is designed in a very extensive manner. Candidates need to understand the CAIIB Exam pattern & Syllabus very thoroughly to clear the CAIIB Cutoff. After meeting the CAIIB Cutoff, the candidate is considered to have passed the exam and thus is entitled to many benefits. These benefits are of both a Monetary & Non- Monetary Nature. It leads to higher salaries and eligibility for internal promotions.
The candidate gets a maximum of 4 attempts in two consecutive years to clear the CAIIB Cutoff in all the subjects and pass the exam. If he is not able to do so, then he has to re-enrol again and start afresh.
CAIIB Cutoff is condition specified. There are two conditions to clear the CAIIB Cutoff. Candidate clearing any of them is said to be qualified.
- Subject Wise CAIIB Cutoff – If a candidate scores 50%, i.e. 50 marks out of 100 in a subject, he clears the CAIIB Cutoff in that subject. He has to attain 50 marks in all three subjects in his total four attempts.
- Aggregate CAIIB Cutoff– If a candidate scores an aggregate of 50% in a single attempt, along with a minimum of 45 marks in all three subjects, he also clears the CAIIB Cutoff.
CAIIB Marking Scheme
- The CAIIB Exam is strictly an online objective type exam.
- There are a total of 100 questions for each paper.
- For every correct answer, 1 mark is given to the candidate.
- There is no negative marking, so a candidate can try to attempt all the questions.
- 50 correct answers can clear the candidate's CAIIB Cutoff in that subject.
CAIIB Cutoff – Pass With Class
IIBF has laid the passing class or the division in CAIIB Exam as per the marks scored. The class will be awarded only for the ‘first physical attempt' The re-enrols will not be considered.
First Class – If a candidate clears the CAIIB Cutoff by achieving 60% or more in aggregate along with the condition of passing in all the subjects in the very first attempt, he will be awarded, first class.
First Class with distinction- If the candidate clears the CAIIB Cutoff by achieving 70% or more in aggregate and 60% or more in every subject in their first physical attempt, he is awarded First class with distinction.
How To Meet CAIIB Cutoff In The First Attempt
- Passing the CAIIB Exam is accompanied by a lot of monetary and non-monetary benefits, which propels the candidates to prepare harder and clear the CAIIB Cutoff in the very first attempt.
- Irrespective of the advantages of the accreditation, not everyone clears it on their first attempt. Only those who prepare the Syllabus comprehensively can crack the CAIIB Cutoff.
- CAIIB Exam is a little tougher side, and the candidate needs good preparation to pass all the exams on the first attempt.
- A candidate should start preparations early. They must devote a dedicated schedule of 1 to 2 hours every day to the preparations to meet the CAIIB Cutoff.
- The candidate must choose his elective subject wisely.
- Practice mock tests and previous years exam papers and assess your level of preparation.
- Preparation books like books by MacMillan are highly recommended, helping the candidate clear the CAIIB Cutoff.
- Prescribed books by IIBF could also help. But they are not to be relied upon solely. They must do additional preparation.
- If you can score a minimum of 45 in each subject, making an aggregate of 50%, in a single attempt, you will clear the CAIIB Cutoff and be considered a pass.
I hope you liked the article, and it enhanced your knowledge of CAIIB Cutoff. In case of any other queries, don't hesitate to get in touch with us @ Oliveboard. We would be glad to help.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Which preparation books are best to clear CAIIB Cutoff?
Preparation from books by MacMillan is good to clear CAIIB Cutoff.
2. Is there any limit on how many times I can appear for the exam?
No, there is no limit on how many times you can appear for the exam.
3. What after I clear the CAIIB Cutoff?
After you clear the CAIIB Cutoff, you will be considered a pass and be accredited and entitled to a lot of monetary and non-monetary benefits.
4. Does the CAIIB Cutoff depends upon the number of candidates appearing?
No, the CAIIB Cutoff does not depend upon the number of candidates appearing.