RRB JE Salary 2021
RRB JE is a lucrative job in which the candidates are paid an attractive salary in accordance with the 7th pay commission. The in-hand salary of the constable increases with years of experience and promotions. The table below gives a break up of the salary structure of the RRB JE.
RRB JE Salary (Training Period)
The candidates who are selected for RRB JE will receive a fixed amount of salary during the training period. The total salary received by the candidate is Rs.34500 during the training period.
RRB JE Salary (After Training Period)
After the successful completion of training period, a RRB JE selected candidate is eligible to receive other allowances like HRA, DA and TA, including incentives. Junior Engineers in Railways will receive around Rs 42,000 per month after their training period. The RRB JE Salary will depend upon the employee’s location of posting. The Indian Railways have divided cities into 3 classes and candidates will receive the salary according to the class of the city they are posted in. The three classes are listed below:
- Class A: Metropolis
- Class B: Metropolis + Other Big Cities
- Class C: Village + Small Cities
|Salary Component||Class A Cities ||Class B Cities ||Class C Cities |
|Basic Pay||INR 13,500/-||INR 13,500/-||INR 13,500/-|
|Dearness Allowance (125% of Basic)||INR 16,875||INR 16,875||INR 16,875|
|House Rent Allowance||INR 4050/- (30 % of Basic)||INR 2700/- (20 % of Basic)||INR 1350/- (30 % of Basic)|
|Other Allowance||INR 4000/-||INR 4000/-||INR 4000/-|
|Salary in-hand||INR 38,425/- ||INR 37,075/-||INR 35,725/-|
|Deduction (Approx)||INR 2000/-||INR 2000/-||INR 2000/-|
|Total Pay||INR 36,425/- ||INR 35,075/-||INR 33,725/-|
Salary after 7th Pay Commission
|Dearness Allowance (DA)||Rs. 35,400 x 17 % = Rs. 6,018|
|House Rent Allowance (HRA)||Rs. 35,400 x 24 % = Rs. 8,496|
|Travel Allowance (TA)||Rs. 3,600 + 3,600 *17% (3,600 + 612) = Rs. 4,212|
|Gross Salary||Rs. 35,400 + 6,018 + 8,496 + 4,212 = Rs. 54,126|
NPS 10 % of Basic pay = Rs 3,540 Professional tax = Rs 2,00 CGIS = Rs 30
Total Deductions = 3540+200+30 = 3770
|Net Salary||Rs. 54126 - 3770 = Rs. 50,356|
RRB JE Perks and Allowances
Candidates selected for the RRB Junior Engineer post, not only gets a decent sum of salary but also is offered additional benefits and allowances. Candidates should keep in mind that the below mentioned perks and benefits will vary depending upon the posting of the candidate in different departments. The additional benefits are given below.
- Dearness allowance
- Medical Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Educational Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
- Railway Duty Pass
- Festival Bonus
- City compensatory allowance (CCA)
- Special Allowance
The RRB JE HRA ( House Rent Allowance) after the 7th pay commission is revised for different city categories as mentioned below:
|City Category||HRA before 7th pay commission||HRA after 7th pay commission|
|Population> 50 lakhs ( City X)||30%||24%|
|Population within 50 lakhs ( City Y)||20%||16%|
|Population< 50 lakhs ( City Z)||10%||8%|
RRB JE Job Profile
The job roles and responsibilities of a Railway Junior Engineer are as follows:
- Maintain and supervise tools like overhead (OHE), substations (PS), that are used to shift the rolling stock.
- Check the functioning and availability of hardware, software, and other office machineries.
- Maintain accounting records of accessories and stores.
- Monitor the signalling system of stations.
- Platform Extension Work, platform sheds repairing or construction painting etc are included in the asset creation section.
- Bridges maintenance, conducting the workshops and railway division construction on a regular basis.
- Maintenance of the electric locomotive, traction distribution and air conditioning, lighting of the train, safety system, power supply and others.
- Producing and safeguarding the Electric Locomotives, Mainline Electrical Multiple Units etc.
- Maintenance of passengers coaches and goods wagons.
- Availability of defect free rolling stocks like diesel.
RRB JE Career Growth
RRB JE candidates can grow with experience in the organisation. The following growth options are available after the initial position as Junior Engineer.
- Senior Section Engineer
- Assistant Divisional Manager
- Divisional Engineer
- Senior Divisional Engineer