Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Limited conducts an annual state-level exam for recruiting qualified people for different posts such as Junior Engineer, Junior Assistant, Assistant Executive Engineer, Assistant Executive, etc. The persons who have an engineering degree from a recognized institution can apply for the same. However, before applying, everyone wants to know about the salary and the KPTCL Job Profile, as it will help them decide whether they want to take up the job.
KPTCL Job Profile of Assistant Engineer or Junior Engineer
The following are some of the duties of the Assistant Engineer or Junior Engineer-
- Examining the viability of obtaining power using existing infrastructure.
- Preparation of an estimate to analyze the costs required and gain approval for incurring the costs associated with releasing connections.
- Forwarding the prospective consumer's application to the sanctioning authorities, together with their opinions on feasibility and estimate.
- Receiving power supply applications from potential customers.
- On receipt of power sanction from relevant authorities, releasing service connection in accordance with the authorized procedure.
- Attending stakeholders concerns about the quality of power supply and other technical issues.
- Maintenance of 11 KV lines, distribution transformers, cables, and equipment to ensure that consumers receive a reliable and high-quality power supply.
KPTCL Job Profile of Assistant Executive Engineer and Senior Assistant/ Assistant Accounts Officer
The following are some of the duties of the Assistant Executive Engineer and Senior Assistant/ Assistant Accounts Officer-
- Attending/monitoring consumer complaints about power supply quality, interruptions, and other technical concerns, as well as billing issues.
- He can sanction service connections based on the authority he has.
- Maintenance of 11KV lines, distribution of transformers, cables, and equipment to ensure that consumers receive a dependable and high-quality power supply.
- As a result of the power placed in him, he approves primarily maintenance-related projects.
- Consumers in the jurisdictional region are billed.
- Bills are collected from customers in accordance with the terms and conditions of supply.
- Proposal of augmentation works to meet the needs of the general public.
- Work is being monitored.
- Accounts of consumers must be maintained in a prescribed way.
- Preparation and submission to higher offices of various statistical data.
An employee at KPTCL earns an average salary of Rs. 4 to 5 Lakhs per annum. The salary for different posts have been given below in the table-
|Different Posts||Monthly Salary|
|Assistant Engineer- Electrical||Rs. 41,130 to Rs. 72,920|
|Assistant Executive Engineer - Electrical||Rs. 20,600 to Rs. 43,850|
|Assistant Engineer-Civil||Rs. 41,130 to Rs. 72,920|
|Assistant Accounts Officer ||Rs. 26,270 to Rs. 65,020|
|Junior Engineer- Civil||Rs. 26,270 to Rs. 65,020|
|Junior Engineer- Electrical||Rs. 26,270 to Rs. 65,020|
|Junior Assistant||Rs. 20,220 to Rs. 51,640|
We hope the article has given you relevant information about the KPTCL Job Profile 2022, including the salary and job profile for various posts such as Junior Engineer, Junior Assistant, Assistant Executive Engineer, Assistant Executive, etc. For any queries, contact us at Oliveboard.