JKSSB Junior Statistical Assistant Salary 2022
The official notification for JKSSB Junior Statistical Assistant 2022 is not yet released. The official notification containing the latest salary details will be released on the official website. Meanwhile, potential candidates or aspirants can check out the previous year salary details below.
JKSSB Junior Statistical Assistant Salary 2021
Every year, the Jammu and Kashmir Service Selection Board (JKSSB) announces the recruitment of Junior Statistical Assistant in various departments of the J&K state government. The selection is based on a series of assessments, and the qualified candidates are assigned to open positions. In this blog, we discuss the JKSSB Junior Statistical assistant Salary & job profile, the monthly-in-hand salary of JKSSB Junior Statistical Assistants, and more.
JKSSB Junior Statistical Assistants Salary Details
The JSA grade pay is 2800. The breakup of the initial monthly pay scale is as mentioned below
|Basic Pay||Rs 29,200|
|Gross monthly pay||Rs 38,906|
|Net monthly in-hand salary (after 10% NPS deduction)||Rs 35,490|
JKSSB Junior Statistical Assistants Job Profile
Immediately after clearing the exam, the selected candidates are directly posted as JSAs in one of the Jammu and Kashmir State Government offices. There is no initial training or apprentice period. The JKSSB Junior Statistical assistant job profile entails both office work and fieldwork.
Academic background in Statistics and Economics is the key eligibility criterion for the post of JSA. Some important aspects of the job are conducting surveys, formulating plans, and supervising surveys.
The job responsibilities essentially include data management. The Junior Statistical Assistant is responsible for data collection and data compilation. They are required to summarize findings, maintain databases, and create reports.
There is ample scope for professional growth in this career profile. For promotions, JSAs will have to appear for assessment tests. To prepare from the same a formal training is provided to the eligible candidates. The training includes theoretical training, practical training and preparation, submission of field reports, and viva. The job hierarchy is as shown below:
- Junior Statistic Assistant
- Statistical Assistant
- Statistical Officer
- Assistant Director
- Deputy Director
JKSSB Junior Statistical Assistants Recruitment Process
The Government of Jammu and Kashmir Services Selection Board (JKSSB) invites applications from qualified candidates for Junior Statistical Assistant (JSA) positions to fill vacancies in the Jammu and Kashmir's Government departments like Finance, Planning and Development, etc. A competitive exam is held for the selection and recruitment of candidates. The written examination marks are used to determine an individual's candidacy for Jammu & Kashmir SSB Jr Statistical Assistant jobs. The application form for JKSSB Recruitment is available at https://jkssb.nic.in/
The details of the JKSSB Junior Statistical Assistant salary, selection process, syllabus, and exam pattern can be checked on the official website of JKSSB. Candidates must obtain a copy of the curriculum to prepare well for the exams.
JKSSB Junior Statistical Assistants recruitment and application guidelines
- Application forms for JKSSB Jr Statistical Assistant Recruitment are available on the Jammu and Kashmir SSB's official website. Candidates interested in JKSSB JSA positions can apply online.
- Any application with incomplete information can be rejected without notice.
- Candidates who are eligible and interested in applying for more than one post can do so by filling separate application forms meant for individual posts.
- To be appointed as Junior Statistical Assistant with Jammu and Kashmir States Service Board, candidates must pass a written test.
- The written exam consists of 100 questions and is worth 100 marks. For each incorrect answer, a 0.25 negative mark is deducted.
- The board updates all the relevant details about the assessment on its official website. Candidates can download the details to understand the process.
- Before taking the exam, candidates should familiarize themselves with the test pattern to determine the best method to attempt the exam. Aspiring candidates can study previous years' question papers to help understand the process.
Also Read: JKSSB Junior Statistical Assistant Syllabus and Exam Pattern
The candidates are evaluated in the following subjects as part of the JKSSB JSA exam:
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- General Knowledge concerning UT and J&K
- Statistical Methods and Applied Statistics
- General Economics
- Computer Applications
- Information Technology
As one of the elective subjects, individuals applying must have a bachelor's degree in Mathematics/Economics/Statistics/ Computer Applications /Commerce/Information Technology.
Age limit for candidates in different categories applying for JKSSB JSA posts
|Category Name||Cutoff (years) as of 01/01/2020|
|SC, OM, ALC/IB, RBA, OSC, and EWS/PSP ||43|
|ST, Contractual Employment/Government Service||40|
|Physically Challenged People ||42|
Interested candidates can check out websites and study materials available online to know more about the recruitment process and exams. They can also go through online tutorials and videos to help them crack the exams. Going through previous years test papers will give the candidates an idea about the test pattern and evaluation process.
The JKSSB Jr. Statistical Assistant job is a secure and lucrative career option. It allows you to have a prosperous career in the government sector, along with perks like health benefits, fixed working hours, retirement benefits, paid holidays, and, most importantly, various tax benefits. If your dream has been to serve the public and the country, this job profile is ideal for you.