It is good to have updated information on the syllabus for any competitive exam. It helps in fine-tuning the exam preparation strategies. This section will help you with complete details of the Haryana Civil Judge exam covering the detailed exam syllabus.
Syllabus of Haryana Civil Judge Exam 2021
The examination pattern is as follows:
- The Preliminary examination question paper is an objective type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) paper.
- The duration of the examination is 2 hours.
- The paper consists of 125 questions, and each question carries 4 marks.
- There is a Negative Marking. For every wrong answer, 0.80 marks will be deducted.
- The candidate must have basic knowledge of the main subjects. They should answer questions on national and international current events, the Indian legal system, the history of the Indian Constitution, and governance. They will also be tested for their reasoning power, analytical ability, and aptitude.
- No negative marking is done for the questions which are left un-attempted.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Time|
General Knowledge (National, International)
Current affairs (Indian legal system, History of the Indian Constitution, Governance)
Attempt a Free HJS Mock Test Here
The candidates who score the qualifying marks in Preliminary Examination are declared to pass and are shortlisted for the next level of examination- the Mains Examination. The Mains examination is an offline written examination and is descriptive. The shortlisted candidates are needed to apply for the Mains and sit for the exam. The Haryana Civil Judge Exam Pattern is mentioned below:
Code of Civil procedure
Punjab Courts Act
Indian Contract Act
Indian Partnership Act
Sale of Goods Act
Specific Relief Act
Indian Evidence Act
Haryana Urban (Control of Rent and Eviction) Act 1973
|200 ||3 Hours|
(Civil Law ll)
Law of Registration and Limitation
Indian Penal Code
Criminal Procedure Code
Indian Evidence Act
Paper - 4
|English (Essay, Precis, Words, and Phrases, Comprehension, Corrections)|
Paper – 5
|Hindi ( Translation of passage from English to Hindi, Passage, Composition, Idioms, and Corrections)||100||3 Hours|