FSSAI Exam Syllabus 2021
FSSAI Technical Officer and Central Food Safety Officer (CFSO) Syllabus 2021
PART A – General Aptitude and Computer Literacy
General Intelligence: Would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type for e.g. Questions on analogies, similarities and difference, space visualization, problems solving, analysis, judgement, decision making visual memory, discriminating relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series.
General Awareness: Questions to test the ability of the candidates General Awareness of the environment around him/her and its application to society. Also testing knowledge of current events and matters of everyday observation as may be expected of an educated person. The test will include questions relating to India and neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, sports and scientific research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
English Language Comprehension: Would test the candidates understanding of the English language its vocabulary, grammar etc. would include questions on comprehension, one-word substitution, synonyms and antonyms, spelling error, spotting errors in sentences, grammar noun, pronoun, adjectives, verbs, prepositions, conjunctions, use of ‘a ‘an” and ‘the’, idioms And phrases etc, Parts of speech.
Computer Literacy: Candidates are expected to be able to handle all regular office work on computers. Knowledge of MS office (word, excel, PowerPoint) including basic commands, Google Docs, emails, digital signature, Commonly use social media handles (Whattsapp, FB, Twitter, etc). would be tested.
PART B – Functional Knowledge
Indian and International Food Laws (An Overview)
- Food Safety and Standards Act of India, 2006 Provision, definitions and different sections of the Act and implementation.
- FSS Rules and Regulations
- Overview of other relevant national bodies (e.g. APEDA, BIS EIC, MPEDA, Spice Board etc.)
- International Food Control Systems/Laws, Regulations and Standards/Guidelines with regard to Food Safety– (i) Overview of CODEX Alimentarius. Commission (History, Members, Standard setting and Advisory mechanisms: JECFA, JEMRA, JMPR): WTO agreements (SPS/TBT).
- Important national and international accreditation bodies
FSSAI-Role, Functions, Initiatives (A General Understanding)
- Genesis and Evolution of FSSAI
- Structure and Functions of Food Authority
- Overview of systems and processes in Standards, Enforcement, Laboratory ecosystem, Imports, Third-Party Audit etc.
- Promoting safe and wholesome Food (Eat Right India, Food Fortification, SNF, Clean Street Food Hub, RUCO and various other social and behavioural change initiatives)
- Training and capacity building
- Role of State Food Authorities
Principles of Food Preservation, Processing and Packaging
- Food Processing Operations, Principles, Good Manufacturing Practices
- Overview of food preservation methods and their underlying principles including novel and emerging methods/principles
- Overview of food packaging methods and principles including novel packaging materials/techniques
Principles and Basics of Food Chemistry and their role in Human Nutrition
- Structure and functions of macro-and micronutrients
- Role of macro and micronutrients in human nutrition
- Overview of food additives with respect to their technological functions
- Overview of anti-nutritional factors and their removal from foods
- Overview of enzymes as food processing aids
- Overview of nutraceuticals and functions foods
- Overview of food contaminants and adulterants and their effects on human health
- Food allergens and allergen city Importance of diet in alleviating health risks, especially non-communicable diseases
Food Microbiology & General Principles of Food Hygiene
- General principles of food microbiology and overview of foodborne pathogens
- Overview of sources of microorganisms in the food chain (raw materials, water, air, equipment etc.) and microbiological quality of foods
- Microbial food spoilage and Foodborne diseases
- General principles and techniques in the microbiological examination of foods
- Overview of beneficial microorganisms and their role in food processing and human nutrition
- General principles of food safety management systems including traceability and recall – sanitation, HACCP, Good production and processing practices (GMP, GAP, GHP, GLP, BAP, etc)
General concepts of Food Analysis and Testing
- Fundamentals of field level and laboratory sampling with reference to the importance of statistical tools.
- Overview of basic/classical methods of food analysis
- Overview of modern analytical techniques including mass spectrometry and molecular techniques.
- Principles of Quality assurance and Quality control with reference to food analysis and testing
FSSAI Assistant Syllabus 2021
General Intelligence: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal types. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and decoding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
Quantitative Aptitude: Number Systems, Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture And Alligation, Time and distance, Time and work, mensuration (area, perimeter, volume).
English Language: Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting misspelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One-word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage, Parts of speech.
General Awareness: Questions are designed to test the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries, especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research, important national/ international agencies/ institutions/ bodies.
Computer Literacy: Candidates are expected to be able to handle all regular office work on computers. Knowledge of MS office (word, excel, PowerPoint) including basic commands, Google Docs, emails, digital signature, commonly used social media handles (Whatsapp, FB, Twitter etc). would be tested.
FSSAI: Role, Functions, Initiatives (A General Understanding) – Genesis and Evolution of FSSAI, Structure and Functions of Food Authority, Overview of systems and processes in Standards, Enforcement, Laboratory ecosystem, Imports, Third Party Audit, Promoting safe and wholesome Food (Eat Right India, Food Fortification, SNF, Clean Street Food Hub, RUCO and various other social and behavioural change initiatives), Training and capacity building, Role of State Food Authorities.
Take A Look At The Syllabus For All The Posts Here.