The exam dates of Karnataka PSI 2021 is released. This section will cover all the details of the important exam dates of Karnataka PSI.
Karnataka PSI Exam Date
The important dates related to the Karnataka PSI exam are as follows
|Release of official notification||3rd March 2021|
|Online applications start date||1st April 2021|
|Last Date for applying online||7th July 2021|
|Last date for fee payment ||2nd June 2021|
|Karnataka PSI Exam Date||14th November 2021|
|Karnataka PSI ET/PST Admit Card release date||8th October 2021|
|Karnataka PSI ET/PST Exam start date||26th October 2021|
|Karnataka PSI Admit card release date||Yet to be announced|
|Karnataka PSI Exam Result Date||Yet to be announced|
Karnataka PSI Recruitment: Selection Process
The selection process of the Karnataka State Police Sub-Inspector has two stages
- ET (Endurance Test)/ PST (Physical Standard Test)
- Written Examination
Stage I – ET/ PST is qualifying in nature and has different sets of standards for both male and female candidates. Stage II- the written examination has two papers for a total of 200 marks. Paper I is descriptive in nature and Paper II is an objective type Multiple Choice Questions Test.
Karnataka PSI Syllabus
Candidates must study the below-mentioned topics thoroughly to crack the examination.
- Current Affairs
- Important Days
- Indian History
- Indian Culture
- Books and Authors
- Important Financial and Economic News
- Economic Scene/ 5 Year budget
- Current events
- Awards and Honours
- Culture of Karnataka
- History of Karnataka
- Inventions and Discoveries
- Coding and Decoding
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Alphabet Series
- Data Interpretation
The detailed weightage of various topics is given below:
|History||15 to 18|
|Polity||15 to 18|
|Economy||5 to 7|
|Geography||12 to 14|
|Current Affairs||15 to 18|
|Environment||8 to 10|
|Computer||2 to 5|
|Physics||2 to 3|
|Chemistry||2 to 4|
|Biology||4 to 7|
|Karnataka State Specific||8 to 10|
|Miscellaneous ||2 to 3 |
Karnataka PSI Exam Pattern
|Paper||Subjects||Marks||Duration of the examination|
|Paper-I||Essay, Writing, Summary Writing, Translation (English to Kannada and Kannada to English)||20,10, 20||1.5 hours|
|Paper-II||Current Affairs, General Studies, General Knowledge, Indian Struggle of Independence, Indian Constitution, History, Geography, Science, Arts, Literature, Mental Capacity, and Policy Education||150||1.5 hours|
- There are two papers in the Karnataka State Police Sub-Inspector Recruitment Examination.
- Paper-I is descriptive in nature. It includes translation, essay writing, and summary writing.
- Paper-II will be an objective type Multiple Choice Questions Test.
- Paper I is of 50 marks and for a duration of 1.5 hours (90 minutes).
- Paper-II is 150 marks and the time duration is 1.5 hours (90 minutes).
- Negative marking is applicable. For every wrong answer and multiple answers to one question, a 0.25 mark will be deducted.
- No marks are deducted for unanswered questions.
The Process To Download The Karnataka PSI Admit Card
The Admit Card will be available on the official website of the Karnataka State Police. Candidates can download the Admit card using the following steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website.
Step 2: Go to the PSI Civil 2021 recruitment link.
Step 3: A login screen will be displayed. Enter the required credentials and log in.
Step 4: Click on KSP SI Admit card 2021.
Step 5: The Admit Card will be displayed on your screen. Download the Admit card and save it to your system.
Step 6: Take a printout for future use.
If any misprints or discrepancies are found in the Admit Card, the candidate must contact the concerned authorities immediately and get it fixed.
Important Documents To Be Carried On The Examination Day
Candidates must carry the following documents in original as they will be verified. Below are the important documents you must carry.
- Admit Card
- Photo Identity proof:
– PAN card
– Voter’s ID
- Two recent passport size coloured photographs.
List Of Things Not Allowed In The Examination Hall
- Mobile phone
- Books and sheets
- Any other electronic gadget
Important Instruction For The Examination Day
Go through the following details for a hassle-free examination experience.
- Before you start writing your examination the investigators will ask you to put your signature or thumb impression on their files.
- Paste your passport-sized photo in the space provided.
- Report to the examination centre at least 90 minutes before the time.
- Checking for removal of electronic items, Calculators, chits, etc., too will be done.
- The candidate should carry a black/ blue ball-point pen to the exam centre.
The date for the written examination of the Karnataka State Police Sub- Inspector is set for 14th November 2021. The written examination will be a descriptive and Multiple choice questions test. Download the syllabus. Go through it carefully. Buy the relevant books and go through them. Retain the information. Also revise regularly. Remember that hard work always pays. Prepare well and maintain a positive attitude. You will certainly succeed in your endeavour.